XF 1.2 Couple members appear stuck.

WCFA

Does anyone know how to remove members that are in
User Permissions ?

There are a few people in there and I cant remove them and i think its messing with their settings. They are where you give a member special permission but they can not seem to be removed.

Tried answering notset to all and removing mod status for the tow mods with no luck,
The two that were moderators which I down graded and did not work two were members and where Admins to help setup and are also not admins.

There is no remove to edit this area, so unsure how to remove them, there is an old account there too, all seem stuck in this section there are 6 total I think.

Thank You

To remove a member from Users > User Permissions, click on their name in this area. Next, click on Not Set (No) at the top of the column, then save at the bottom of the page.

This will reset all individual user permissions for that user and they will no longer appear on that page.

To remove a member from Users > User Permissions, click on their name in this area. Next, click on Not Set (No) at the top of the column, then save at the bottom of the page.

This will reset all individual user permissions for that user and they will no longer appear on that page.

This seems to be the issues it wont reset, as mention in the OP, I tried not-set it wont remove.

This seems to be the issues it wont reset, as mention in the OP, I tried not-set it wont remove.
Have you done what Brogan said - ensured that the numbered values in the permissions list are reset to zero (and these are selected and not set to unlimited)?

Look in the permissions one of these users. You will see some permissions have numerical values, eg Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes). Make sure this and all other numerical value permissions are set to zero and that unlimited isn't selected.

Yes they were all set to zero, and still all the account remain. I noticed this 6 months ago and never thought about it. My moderators
can not follow moderator settings and it has to be this because all other settings say they should have permissions,
even removing them as mod did not work.

Even tried setting them to ban and unregistered to see if I could remove them the staff box is also not checked. Removed them from all groups and no luck.

I think its a flaw in the design if it had to be fixed in 1.4 maybe this is a bug? I see the developer is offline so unsure why they added a fix
unless this was an issues. I have not done and upgrade and not sure I will mess it up.

Please post screenshots of:

1) ACP > Users > User Permissions
This will show us the list of users that have customised permissions

2) A screenshot of the permissions for one of these users (by clicking on their name after taking the first screenshot)

Thought I would come back here and bring this up again after hours of looking at this and Andy who is a developer of addons here
also looked on my site with no luck . They are still stuck. I took all members groups and recreated them,deleted all extra groups resulting in only the original member groups.
There are no moderators any more just me and still nothing. All members have no new permissions and there are 6 stuck on there.
No members of any kind have any permissions only then the registered member settings. By all reasoning there is not possibility they should
be there but are. All of these 6 are verified zero.

Thank You.

I updated to 1.4.0 today and was able to remove these stuck members.
I am guessing was an old glitch in 1.2.5 as removing all add ons did not solve however
upgrading to 1.4.0 did the trick.

Top Bottom