XF 2.2 Copyright Questions for Cloud

MapleOne

I am in the copyright section of the cloud version of Xenforo.

Two things...

1. I tried adding to the copyright but it seemed to have no effect.

Either on it's own line or after the current - Seems there is the feature there to add more but does not seem to take.

Community platform by XenForo® © 2010-2021 XenForo Ltd.
© 2021 MySite.com

2. If I have a site where I do not wish for people to know that I am on a managed platform what is the extra charge or is it even possible to remove the Xenforo branding for cloud? I am not considering this for my current test site but I have an active site that I may move to cloud when the migration process is available but that site would have to be branding free.

----------------------------------------

Lastly...

Is there a section on the forum that is for cloud only?
I understand a lot of things will apply to both Regular and Cloud versions but there might be some support questions that apply more to just cloud.

Thank you Brogan

Mine now says...

Community platform by XenForo® © 2010-2021 XenForo Ltd.
Content by the respective copyright owners & tweetr.com © 2021

I think that is a perfect balance to assure the people contributing to the community understand their copyright material belongs to them.

I will probably make a post and link to it getting into details as the site populates to assure Twitter and anyone that posts is aware all copyrights belong to their respective owners and a take down mechanism is in place if someone posts something without permission.

PS. I had to insert a break after the Xenforo copyright to bring it to a second line.
I think this being a hosted platform and for the Xenforo copyright remain clean, with a clear separation, that should be hard coded but that is just my opinion.

I think the copyright is an important thing for the community and I am open to getting community input to see what everyone is using on theirs and if mine can be improved upon.

I wouldn’t put any extra text in the copyright notice, just the name of your forum or company. Then put any other info in you T&C

I have something quite thorough:

• Your post must be original text, ie not published anywhere else apart from very small excerpts used as quotes/references.
  • You grant us the non-exclusive right to retain, move, edit or delete any content you post on Cafésaxophone (e.g. text, music, images, video etc.). We also have the right to republish or quote that content on our other sites or on social media, provided that we credit the authorship. You will retain the overall copyright outside of these terms.
  • You may not post, upload, link to or offer to share (whether free or paid for) illegal copies of any copyright material. This includes
    • articles
    • lyrics
    • recordings
    • images
    • video
    • publications

Last edited:
I wouldn’t put any extra text in the copyright notice, just the name of your forum or company. Then put any other info in you T&C

I have something quite thorough:

Upon reflection I have decided you are absolutely correct, thank you for the great advice @Mr Lucky

I changed it to this on the second line

© 2021 tweetr.com - a division of MapleDots

I will link it to my terms as soon as they are done.

Top Bottom