Fixed Copy/Pasting single-line text inserts line break before inserted content

I think I have been noticing this too, and I think it coincided with the recent Froala update, though I can't reproduce it on their demos.

We did, however, add some paste cleanup code which I think might be the cause of this. The pasted text is wrapped in <p> tags so it effectively looks like a line break.

That would be a separate issue if it doesn’t involve the standard post editor so please post a separate report with reproduction steps.

This will be fixed for the next roll out/release.

Note that this really only applies when you're pasting a single block of text, essentially something without a line break. That will be pasted inline if possible. If you have a line break or a paragraph break, the content will very likely come through with a line break before the first pasted content. Proper formatting of the pasted content more or less ends up causing this.

I noticed something that may or may not be related to this.

When I make a post here and then highlight the entire text or just a section of a post, then paste that into another (XF1.x) forum, the result add in double linebreaks between paragraphs that I have to manually remove.

Top Bottom