Converting from a Nulled XenForo Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

techforo

I know some one who installed nulled XenForo software. He wants to change to regular XenForo software. He wants to know if this is possible. In other words he feels bad, has the money now and wants to know if he can get a legal copy without loosing and data. Is this possible? I am writing this for him for the reason he is to embarrassed to come ask himself ;)

Purchase a license.

Upload the files in the upgrade package to the server.

Your friend can use the same database, assuming it hasn't been altered in any way.

If not could he convert to something like myBB and have the one site paid to convert to a REAL XenForo release. He will be extremely glad when I tell him this :)

First thing you need to have him do is purchase a license. When he does, most around here will be more than willing to help him fix any issues that may have occured while using the nulled version. :)

See my first response to this thread.
I can't imagine there will be any issues.

Depending on which nulled version is currently being used, it may be necessary to upgrade after uploading the files.

If not could he convert to something like myBB and have the one site paid to convert to a REAL XenForo release. He will be extremely glad when I tell him this :)

The best way would be to follow Brogan 's advice. No need for a round about conversion. If your friend is using the latest version then no upgrade is required. Simply the overwrite of the nuleld files with the legit ones. If he is using an older version, then an upgrade is required.

Have to say, whenever I've seen these threads on vBulletin, it's always the same, and this one has gone the same way.

The straight answer is never good enough, and the poster keeps coming back with all kinds of convoluted questions.

It always leads me to believe that what they are *actually* doing, is testing the water and "probing" to see how likely they are to continue to get away with their nulled version, based on the responses given.

To the original poster - buy a license. You will not have any problems. THAT is your answer - get your cash out and hand it over. You've been told that several times, nobody is going to help you any further with XenForo until you've paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom