Nulled XenForo

So you made a thread to find out the consequences of using nulled software and people either assisted you in doing that or trolled you for the most part.

Save up and buy it, use something free or use a nulled version and be subject to whatever is in the code and no support. Your choice, personally (honestly) I wouldn't trust people who distribute nulled software. I'd use something free, probably Discourse, NodeBB or MyBB.

or use a nulled version and be subject to whatever is in the code and no support.

And be doing something against the law. But I suppose that is a sign of the times.

I remember reading something many years ago when supermarkets started the idea of self checkouts. I think this was before the internet, but but the reasoning behind it was their research concluded that the vast majority of people were actually hoenst, and would not steal - so the idea of trusting them to pay wasa good thing for them (given they could reduce staff costs - not a good thing for the staff made redundant)

But these days, if you include the amount of IP theft on the internet, would they still find the majority of people are honest? I think not.

I don't think it's good to ever advise people to use anything illegal.

And be doing something against the law. But I suppose that is a sign of the times.

I remember reading something many years ago when supermarkets started the idea of self checkouts. I think this was before the internet, but but the reasoning behind it was their research concluded that the vast majority of people were actually hoenst, and would not steal - so the idea of trusting them to pay wasa good thing for them (given they could reduce staff costs - not a good thing for the staff made redundant)

But these days, if you include the amount of IP theft on the internet, would they still find the majority of people are honest? I think not.

I don't think it's good to ever advise people to use anything illegal.
It's never something that he'll actually get anything for, legally. And I didn't advise him to do anything illegal, but it's a realistic option that he was most likely going to do and I still wouldn't put it past him. He can make his own decisions. Effectively what everyone on the front page is tell him the only consequence is the risk of something malicious being in the code and post a bunch of stupid pictures. A realistic answer is better than a fantasy one. He can do it, just like anyone else can, saying "don't do it" isn't an effective method to stop people doing it really. I am a software developer myself. I think if anyone directly has issues with people using nulled software, it's people like me.

Self checkouts worked fine. They are more catchy than manually having staff do it. You won't get past one of them, they get angry about grams heavier or lighter in weight, randomly throw errors, ask for manual ID check for restricted products, etc.; they also reduce employment cost for the business.

Last edited:
What happends if someone uses a nulled xenforo?

Don't. Spend the $140 on a XenForo license. Nulled forums are a really bad thing.

A license will let you download the latest XenForo. Or XenForo 1.5.24, if you prefer that. It will also let you download all the free stuff in the "Resources" section too.:)

The only excuse to use nulled things is if they are not available here anymore. Like some of the addons that have disappeared recently. But, if you can, always get the legitimate ones from this site instead of nulled crap.

The only excuse to use nulled things is if they are not available here anymore. Like some of the addons that have disappeared recently. But, if you can, always get the legitimate ones from this site instead of nulled crap
If you use a nulled addon just because it isn't available here any more you're still using paid software without paying. Many developers have addons that aren't on here - doesn't mean you can null them.

And, obviously, if it's free there's no need to use a nulled version.

The only excuse to use nulled things is if they are not available here anymore. Like some of the addons that have disappeared recently. But, if you can, always get the legitimate ones from this site instead of nulled crap.

I don't agree.

Nulled can be tampered with, someone could leave a backdoor way onto your hosting or the board itself. Is it worth your entire board potentially getting hacked?

Because a data breach is quite severe.

Top Bottom