Convert utf8_general_ci to utf8mb4_general_ci

Onlyme

Upon importing my database I'm getting some errors like this: Warning (Code 1287): 'utf8mb3' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use utf8mb4 instead

I've found addons with Collation is set to utf8_general_ci. I need to change this to utf8mb4_general_ci. Tried manually looking for the tables, but I just can't location all the tables the addons have altered. Been here for hours now :(

Does any know of a mysql command to quickly resolve this for me?

Last edited:
Found them all.

There must be a much quicker way than how I did it?. If anyone knows a command to locate utf8_general_ci please let me know. Would definitely speed up the process in the future.

XF2 has a cmd.php xf:convert-utf8mb4 CLI command which converts to utf8mb4, after that you need to add $config['fullUnicode'] = true; to the src/config.php file.

XF2 has a cmd.php xf:convert-utf8mb4 CLI command which converts to utf8mb4, after that you need to add $config['fullUnicode'] = true; to the src/config.php file.
Already done that a long time ago. For example it didn't update xfa thread tabs, they was still utf8_general_ci.

Top Bottom