XF 2.1 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' in

PumpinIron

Any idea what this means?

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1267]: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 217
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 89
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/addons/Andy/EbayParser/Listener.php at line 116
Andy\EbayParser\Listener::threadEntityPostSave()
call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 50
XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF.php at line 721
XF::fire() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1214
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php at line 167
XF\Service\Thread\Replier->_save() in src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
XF\Service\Thread\Replier->save() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 461
XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

I'm not sure what's causing it, but when I attempted to post an eBay link in response to a thread on my forum, this error keeps occurring via a popup window:

This seems to be specifically happening in an AndyB add-on.

If I had to hazard a guess, AndyB has added a new field to one of our core database tables and done so using the wrong collations (some best practices have likely been bypassed to achieve that).

You would have to report it to the author. Specifically it seems to be related to the EbayParser add-on (which makes sense given it happened when you posted an eBay link).

Top Bottom