XF 2.2 Convert images to webp

There is a third party addon just released, maybe you can try it.
Nope, this has already been withdrawn again.

If you have a CloudFlare Pro plan it will handle converting images to webp when relevant.
Does this also work for attachments?

I don't have a CloudFlare account, but as far as I am understanding the documentation and dicusssion on their community it would only work if Cache-Control does not contain no-transform or no-cache - but XenForo does set no-cache.

but as far as I am understanding the documentation and dicusssion on their community it would only work if Cache-Control does not contain no-transform or no-cache - but XenForo does set no-cache.

Ah yeah, you're right I forgot about that. Site I tested it on is setup to force a cache control header on attachments that guests can view. That add-on isn't public, but I'd imagine this one works similarly, and would allow CloudFlare's polish feature to work

That add-on isn't public, but I'd imagine this one works similarly, and would allow CloudFlare's polish feature to work
Thanks for the clarification :)

Yes, this Add-on most likely would work, but it would effectively make all image attachments publically cachable (including those used in private areas like conversations) - this is IMHO not a good idea.

Not sure how that specific add-on works, but as long as it checks guest permissions which our internal one does that shouldn't be an issue. Easy enough patch to add if not

Top Bottom