Convert Image

Convert Image 5.6

No permission to download
I'm seeing an issue on my website where it detects images to be converted to attachments. Somehow during the process, it doesn't properly convert to an attachment, and it keeps detecting the post as 'to be converted'. Seeing how I have over 6000 posts with img tags and I only can like update a 200 of them, I ended up in some kind of deadlock where I can't progress further. Obviously there has to be reason as to why the addon keeps detecting these particuliar posts as 'to be converted', but it's quite unclear. Some contain images linked to imgur or minus, some other have embedded media from the media gallery (is it supposed to convert those as well?).

Hi Andy,

you have made this addon and the Convert Image All addon - see you a chance to make from this addon here a version to convert on a per thread or even better a per post base please? So we can convert single posts pictures selective?

German copyright law is strong, so I search vor a easy way to convert simply pictures in specific posts and not All or every new.

Regards

Does this convert images that are already hosted on the site? Like images in the XMG that are referenced with the image bb code and not the gallery bb code?

I guess I didn't word my question well. What I was wanting to know is if it would convert images from your own site. Or to word it another way, will it convert images that are hosted on the same domain (like in the XMG) if the image is referenced (inserted into a post) using the img bb code? They are not technically hot-linked images because they come from the same server (domain). I didn't know if the add-on would ignore images from your site's domain or if there was a setting to ignore certain domains. Andy followed up via private conversation and confirmed that both add-ons convert everything in the img code, even if it's from your site (like the images in the XMG referenced using the provided img bb code). The XMG by default give you a few ways to share images, one using the img bb code, one using the url and img code for a thumnail, and another using the gallery bb code. The add-ons don't interfere with images inserted into a post if they are done using the gallery bb code, but they will be converted if inserted using the img bb code.

Since the XMG provides a bb code to share images using a thumbnail (Share BB IMG (With Thumbnail) Code:) from what I've been told about these add-ons I assume they will also convert the thumbnail to an attachment. I intend to install both add-ons and do some testing, but I thought I ask you guys with experience on the functionality of the add-ons in these scenarios.

Problem: with this addon active nobody can create new topics. After insert subject and body and click at "Create Thread" button:
Error: The requested thread could not be found
and the thread don't was created...

XenForo_Exception: ImageMagick is not enabled. - library/Andy/ConvertImage/DataWriter.php:25
Stack Trace
#0 /home/portalb/public_html/foruns/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(491): Andy_ConvertImage_DataWriter->save()
#1 /home/portalb/public_html/foruns/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(435): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_saveFirstMessageDw()
#2 /home/portalb/public_html/foruns/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave()
#3 /home/portalb/public_html/foruns/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(828): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#4 /home/portalb/public_html/foruns/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread()
#5 /home/portalb/public_html/foruns/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/portalb/public_html/foruns/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
But ImageMagick is enabled (Github Script):
Test for versions and locations of ImageMagick
Path: convert
Version return code is 0
  • Version: ImageMagick 6.7.2-7 2015-07-23 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
  • Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2011 ImageMagick Studio LLC
  • Features: OpenMP

This should test for ImageMagick version 5.x
Path:
/usr/bin/convert
Version return code is 0

This should test for ImageMagick version 6.x
Path:
/usr/local/bin/convert
Version return code is 127

Last edited:
Problem: with this addon active nobody can create new topics. After insert subject and body and click at "Create Thread" button:
Error: The requested thread could not be found
and the thread don't was created...

But ImageMagick is enabled (Github Script):
@AndyB was kind enough to help me with this. I needed to enable ImageMagick here:

Admin CP -> Options -> Attachments -> Default Image Processor

THANKS!

Hey Andy this add-on works great!!, but is it possible to convert "tapatalk images" automatically when a user post via tapatalk?

Was just installing this addon.

I didnt realize my host had disabled my imagemagick and when I tried to test the addon with a new thread with one remote image linked, it caused a server error explaining I didnt have imagemagick installed.

I am correcting this on my server as I speak.

But I noticed that now I have a phantom thread. It is listed on forum home under that category, but doesnt list in the thread list for that category. Also if I click on the link listed on forum home as the most recent thread, I go to a thread not found page.

I cannot figure out how to remove that test thread.

Any ideas?

Could you somehow link this with the media watermark.. I would like the converted images to have the watermark that i loaded in media. Please??

I cannot get this to work, ImageMagik is installed but when a user posts a thread with this add-on enabled the thread does not get created it takes the user to a 404 page.

I've been running this for a little while now but am moving to HTTPS so I need to ensure all external images sitewide are stored locally to avoid insecure content warnings.

What are the benefits of continuing to run this add-on versus using XenForo's Proxy Images feature?

While I do like the ability to choose to insert thumbnails this add-on offers, are there any other reasons? Because Proxy Images pics up all images that this add-on may not recognise or have control over, such as those in signatures.

AndyB,

You work speaks for itself, you create the things we could just imagine, excellent work. Now, let me get this straight... This will allow you to save all the pics in your server, now if you enable the thumbnail option, what does happen? does it reduce the size more?

I got this error where I edit a post and linked a image

touch(http://www.whatsgood.us/forumimagesconvert_1710559067): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. touch() in Andy/ConvertImage/DataWriter.php at line 130
  3. Andy_ConvertImage_DataWriter->save() in Andy/AudioPlus/DataWriter.php at line 8
  4. Andy_AudioPlus_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 149
  5. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Post->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/whatsgoo/public_html/index.php at line 13

Top Bottom