Convert Image

Convert Image 5.6

No permission to download
Hmmm... disabled the thumbnails plugin and this plugin still isn't working. I'm seeing posts getting formatted like this:
Code:
[url='external image link'][attach=full]484373[/attach][/url]
The images are being attached but the posts look like they're being coded wrong for them to display. When I copy link source of the attachments and paste them into the posts and wrap them with IMG tags they display fine.

Hi
Today I just find out that I cannot post the new thread - it gives me error

I find out that Convert Image add-on cause the problem... anyone has the same problem?

I did install it and find out that the server doesn't have imagemagick installed... so I just left it.
Until today, members from my forum reported that they cannot post the new thread and I tried to disable the add-on.

Here is the error message I got:
thread-error.webp

Sounds like a great add-on. Quick question regarding functionality.

If a user uses the tag to embed an image that's already attached to another post/message, will the add-on convert the image to an attachment (thereby taking up double the space on server for the same image)?

Thanks.

Hi @AndyB - I don't know if you're familiar with vBulletin at all, but they have a box (which is ticked by default) stating "Retrieve file and reference locally". Would it be possible to provide something similar with this addon, giving members the option to opt out (on a post-by-post basis) of having their files mirrored?

I have a request. Some websites required HTTP Referer field to be set (to prevent hotlink I guess), so URL like http://upic.me/i/j0/1b211.jpg will fail to load properly by your add-on. So it would be great if the add-on will set Referer to the target URL domain when downloading images.

Hello @AndyB and thanks for the add-on

I'm using this in conjunction with bd Attachment Store : the problem is that you are inserting attachments in the regular way, wheras Attachment store is supposed to replace the URL with my CDN URL.
Is there a possiblity for me to make both work together, or at least is there a way for me to modify a PHP file so that I can "hardwire" my CDN URL in front of the atached images ( http://mycdn/blah in place of http://xenforourl/battachement)

thanks !

XenForo_Exception: Temporary image directory is not set. - library/Andy/ConvertImage/DataWriter.php:26
Generiert durch: XXXXXXX, vor 7 Minuten
Stapelverfolgung
#0 /var/www/web1/html/mobiquo/include/reply_post.php(55): Andy_ConvertImage_DataWriter->save()
#1 [internal function]: reply_post_func(Object(xmlrpcmsg))
#2 /var/www/web1/html/mobiquo/lib/xmlrpcs.inc(1085): call_user_func('reply_post_func', Object(xmlrpcmsg))
#3 /var/www/web1/html/mobiquo/lib/xmlrpcs.inc(996): xmlrpc_server->execute(Object(xmlrpcmsg))
#4 /var/www/web1/html/library/Tapatalk/xmlrpcs.php(36): xmlrpc_server->parseRequest('??<methodCall>?...', 'US-ASCII')
#5 /var/www/web1/html/mobiquo/mobiquo.php(150): Tapatalk_xmlrpcs->service()
#6 {main}
Benötigter Status
array(3) {
["url"] => string(47) "xxxxxxxxxx.de - This website is for sale! - xxxxxxxxxx Resources and Information."
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

@AndyB

Addon works great - one request:

Is it possible to add a info-message like: "Please wait, images are uploaded to our server."

Because sending a post with images now needs more time than without.

Something weird is happenning in my forum. Yesterday I updated this plugin to latest version and also a big server update (php 5.6.12, ImageMagick 6.9.1-10 and imagick 3.2.0RC1). Convert Image isn't working anymore.

It gives me images like this: http://www.valinor.com.br/forum/attachments/3-jpg.65967/

Any ideas?

EDIT: Not a problem with this addon, it was my ImageMagick and imagick installation

Last edited:
Hi looks great :)

By any chance does it have options for forum sections? only want it to work in sections of my choice.

Hello Andy,

I get an error when trying to post a thread with hotlinked image :

mkdir(): No such file or directory
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in Andy/ConvertImage/DataWriter.php at line 372
  3. Andy_ConvertImage_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 557
  4. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/www/myforumhere.com/htdocs/xforo/index.php at line 13

Any idea ?

EDIT : amazing support from Andy.
And if anyone has the same problem, data and internal_data chmod 777

Last edited:
Hi
Today I just find out that I cannot post the new thread - it gives me error

I find out that Convert Image add-on cause the problem... anyone has the same problem?

I did install it and find out that the server doesn't have imagemagick installed... so I just left it.
Until today, members from my forum reported that they cannot post the new thread and I tried to disable the add-on.

Here is the error message I got:
View attachment 93943

Just got same error. How did you resolve?

Top Bottom