1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert Image 3.9

Converts hot linked images to attachments.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Convert Image - Converts linked images using the [ IMG ] tags to attachments.

Read more about this resource...

time and Veer like this.
  2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  3. macroforum

macroforum Active Member

Hi @AndyB
    Nice addon!
    One question: it works only with img tag?
    It works with images inserted with Image BBcode icon in editor?
    Thanks

4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Correct, it replaces images inserted with Image BBcode icon in editor to attachments.

5. akia

akia Well-Known Member

Is there a option to be able to convert pictures in old posts.

6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  7. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash Active Member

Hi,

Am I right in thinking that if you specify max image attachment dimensions in the AdminCP, this effectively resizes images (so rather than reject large images, just resizes them).

If so, does this addon tie in with that? I was looking at using metamirror, but I am concerned about downloading all the linked images at their full size if some of them are large - I don't have unlimited disc space. If this does resize then it would be great.

8. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

This is correct. The Convert Image add-on will resize the hot linked image to your Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions setting located here:

Admin CP -> Options -> Attachments -> Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions

Also I just introduced a new add-on called Convert Image All so you can convert all existing (older posts) the same way.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/convert-image-all-v1-0.2527/

9. emc2

emc2 Active Member

I have this installed but it is not working.

I'm wondering how to check if i have the required packages installed in php. What do I need to check in phpinfo()?

update: i have checked convert and curl on the system both work..

10. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

11. emc2

emc2 Active Member

Hi Andy,

I fixed my problem by installing Imagick and enabling it in Options > Attachments.

It maybe a good idea to show a warning if this mod is enabled and it is not set.

Great mod.. Only thing missing (or maybe for a seperate addon) would be to do the same for PDFs. Convert PDFs that are in url tags..

12. Ski-whiz

Ski-whiz Active Member

I'm getting these errors... Any idea what I'm missing?

I have imagemagick selected for attachments. In the /tmp folder I can see the images.

Attached Files:

13. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Your web hosting provider has disabled the ability for PHP to execute the command exec(). Are you on a shared server, VPS or Dedicated?

14. Ski-whiz

Ski-whiz Active Member

Shared.

15. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

In that case it's unlikely your web hosting company will allow the exec() to be executed. I'm not sure if all shared web hosting plans have this restriction but I wouldn't doubt it.

You might call your web hosting company and ask what package would allow the exec() to be executed. I suspect they will say you need a VPS or dedicated server.

16. Ski-whiz

Ski-whiz Active Member

Yeah I was reading the same thing once you mentioned what it was.

Thanks for the help!

17. time

time Active Member

Thank you for this plugin.

You can add functionality watermark to transfer photos :) (y)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  18. Deddy

Deddy Member

Hi Andy, thanks for sharing this add-on. I've installed your add-on to convert image link to attachment. However
    when I test an emage that I've attched after installing this add-on. It's not converting the current image link to attachment.
    It's not showing any errors either. I've got imagick installed and I am running on a VPS> I believe all the set up parameter is correct.

Are the links being converted through a cron job or instantly? when linked?

19. Zephyr

Zephyr Well-Known Member

Hello, not work for me, image is not converted, a solution please ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member