Convert Image

Convert Image 5.6

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Convert Image - Converts linked images using the [ IMG ] tags to attachments.

Description:

The Convert Image add-on will convert linked images using the [ IMG ] tags to attachments.

Key Features:
  • Converts images immediately after message is saved
  • Resizes images to maximum width and height settings
  • Setting for inserting full or thumbnail attachments
  • Setting for temporary image path
  • Setting for optional log file
Requirements:
  • Requires XenForo v1.2 and above
  • Requires ImageMagick to be installed on your server...

Read more about this resource...

Hi @AndyB
Nice addon!
One question: it works only with img tag?
It works with images inserted with Image BBcode icon in editor?
Thanks

Hi,

Am I right in thinking that if you specify max image attachment dimensions in the AdminCP, this effectively resizes images (so rather than reject large images, just resizes them).

If so, does this addon tie in with that? I was looking at using metamirror, but I am concerned about downloading all the linked images at their full size if some of them are large - I don't have unlimited disc space. If this does resize then it would be great.

Hi,

Am I right in thinking that if you specify max image attachment dimensions in the AdminCP, this effectively resizes images (so rather than reject large images, just resizes them).

This is correct. The Convert Image add-on will resize the hot linked image to your Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions setting located here:

Admin CP -> Options -> Attachments -> Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions

Also I just introduced a new add-on called Convert Image All so you can convert all existing (older posts) the same way.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/convert-image-all-v1-0.2527/

I have this installed but it is not working.

I'm wondering how to check if i have the required packages installed in php. What do I need to check in phpinfo()?

update: i have checked convert and curl on the system both work..

Hi Andy,

I fixed my problem by installing Imagick and enabling it in Options > Attachments.

It maybe a good idea to show a warning if this mod is enabled and it is not set.

Great mod.. Only thing missing (or maybe for a seperate addon) would be to do the same for PDFs. Convert PDFs that are in url tags..

I'm getting these errors... Any idea what I'm missing?

I have imagemagick selected for attachments. In the /tmp folder I can see the images.

Attachments

• convert.webp
    convert.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 54

In that case it's unlikely your web hosting company will allow the exec() to be executed. I'm not sure if all shared web hosting plans have this restriction but I wouldn't doubt it.

You might call your web hosting company and ask what package would allow the exec() to be executed. I suspect they will say you need a VPS or dedicated server.

Thank you for this plugin.

You can add functionality watermark to transfer photos :) (y)

Last edited:
Hi Andy, thanks for sharing this add-on. I've installed your add-on to convert image link to attachment. However
when I test an emage that I've attched after installing this add-on. It's not converting the current image link to attachment.
It's not showing any errors either. I've got imagick installed and I am running on a VPS> I believe all the set up parameter is correct.

Are the links being converted through a cron job or instantly? when linked?

Hello, not work for me, image is not converted, a solution please ?

IOPfBct.jpg

rOY9bYI.jpg

KCKzu5H.jpg

IL4LqX9.jpg

Top Bottom