Conversation Improvements by Xon

Conversation Improvements by Xon 2.4.6

No permission to download
How to disable displaying conversation messages in User profile/Postings tabs?

Users have impression that everybody can see their private messages in their profiles.

Users have impression that everybody can see their private messages in their profiles.
Yeah, that might be the case. On the other hand it would be inconsistent with other search results to exclude conversation messages in one particular search.

I'd suggest that @Xon adds a message like "This a conversation you are in. Only participants can see this search result." to the conversation search result :)

Reactions: Xon
You can modify the template search_result_conversation_message to have a banner like that easily enough.

Is it safe to surround sv_convimprov_search_result_conversation_message template code with:
Code:
<xf:if is="$template != 'member_view'">
</xf:if>

Now seeing that conversation messages are visible when globally searching, too.

I think conversation search should be limited to /conversation URLs only and /search/?type=conversation_message

Mixing public and private results is not good practice from privacy point of view.

Mixing public and private results is not good practice from privacy point of view.
What about private forums then? ;) You always see what you have access to. I think a notice like mentioned above should be enough in order to not make some people concerned about privacy.

Reactions: Xon
Never seen website displaying results from private conversations in global search.
The conversation messages are still private - they only show to you, the person who is involved in those messages, in your search results - credit members with the smarts to work that out. ;)

Now seeing that conversation messages are visible when globally searching, too.
There is an option to disable this by default. I have to look which option, can't remember, but I know I have set this for my forum.

I had forgotten about that feature of Search Improvement.

That would be my recommended away as trying to exclude the result via a template mod will produce silly looking results.

Not seeing but just want to confirm, is there any way to prevent a user in a specific group from receiving any and all conversations?

Top Bottom