Conversation Improvements by Xon

Conversation Improvements by Xon 2.4.6

No permission to download
@Xon Thanks for the addon!

I've had it for a bit and didn't realize it was counting "reactions" to the total. I unchecked it, but how do I do a "rebuild" or "recount" so that members only get the the score for posts and not conversation messages?

@Xon Thanks for the addon!

I've had it for a bit and didn't realize it was counting "reactions" to the total. I unchecked it, but how do I do a "rebuild" or "recount" so that members only get the the score for posts and not conversation messages?
Wait, what!? I didn't know that. It should be off by default. I have gone ahead and disabled it too. I would also like to know how to rebuild it to retrieve reactions from posts only.

There is no native XF way to rebuild reaction counts.

But my Content Ratings add-on has the cli commands;
Code:
  xf-rebuild:svcr-user-counts           Rebuilds user like and rating counts.Can result in count totals decreasing!
  xf-rebuild:svcr-user-given-counts     Rebuilds user given like and rating counts.Can result in count totals decreasing!

Code:
  xf-rebuild:svcr-user-counts           Rebuilds user like and rating counts.Can result in count totals decreasing!
  xf-rebuild:svcr-user-given-counts     Rebuilds user given like and rating counts.Can result in count totals decreasing!
I'm not sure if I'd pay $35 just to rebuild the reactions count. You should really have it off by default, but that's just my opinion. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Code:

Would it be possible for you to put these rebuild codes in the next update (or something similar) so that we can restore the reaction counts? I'm using an award system for post reactions and this really skewed the results.

Unchecking the conversation count box by default would also prevent this from happening again :)

Not a big deal, but while cleaning up I noticed the Utils folder is still present in this archive, and part of the file check.
I think this is now redundant as you are using the standard library?

I got this error a few times but no feedback from the users. Since it looks like a dispute between conversations and threads, I noticed that I did not have the latest version of this addon 2.2.1. Will that fix it?

Accessed unknown getter 'Thread' on XF:ConversationMessage[112772] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:194

I need the stack trace, not just the error message.

This add-on doesn't touch threads, so it is unlikely to be this add-on.

I may be mistaken. I thought it was part of Conversation Essentials to move threads to conversations. I am not sure what is really happening here
It now just reports the missing conversation now that I have upgraded to 2.2.1 from 2.2.0.

I also just noticed that the addon was Vaultwiki. Sorry about that. I will follow up with them.

Thanks for your patience with my learning efforts. :)

Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(101): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('Thread')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s7/public/report_create.php(21): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get('Thread')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(vw\vw\XF\Template\Templater2), Array)
#3 src/addons/vw/vw/XF/Template/Templater2.php(32): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('report_create', Array, true)
#4 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): vw\vw\XF\Template\Templater2->renderTemplate('public:report_c...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(84): XF\Template\Template->render()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(68): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderHtmlFallback('XF:Report\\Repor...', 'public:report_c...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderView('XF:Report\\Repor...', 'public:report_c...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'json')
#11 src/XF/App.php(2191): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}
[HEADING=2]Request state[/HEADING]
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(203) "/conversations/messages/112772/report?_xfRequestUri=%2Fconversations%2Fcenter-verge-lantern-clock.64497%2Fpage-22&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1614429045%2C4e70d14fd4d37aae666072b3f1f33c2e&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["referrer"] => string(75) "https://mb.nawcc.org/conversations/center-verge-lantern-clock.64497/page-22"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(55) "/conversations/center-verge-lantern-clock.64497/page-22"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1614429045,4e70d14fd4d37aae666072b3f1f33c2e"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

[URL='https://mb.nawcc.org/admin.php?logs/server-errors/1/delete'][[/URL]/quote]

This looks to be related to displaying the overlay when reporting a conversation message, this would be unrelated to my add-ons or stock

With the large forum instructions, is that something to do AFTER it fails to install normaly? If not, at what stage of the instalation do I do the SQL commands?

With the large forum instructions, is that something to do AFTER it fails to install normaly? If not, at what stage of the instalation do I do the SQL commands?
My assumption is a page timeout happened and then XenForo refused to touch the add-on. I strongly recommend using the CLI installer if you have a larger site for this reason.

Recovery; the SQL just needs to be applied and default permissions applied. This can be done by running the uninstaller, applying the given SQL and then running the installer again. But the uninstaller might time-out which is anoying.

Or dropping to the CLI and running this command;
Code:
php cmd.php xf-addon:install -f -v SV/ConversationImprovements

This will force the installer to run.

You can then poke the individual install steps to ensure these completed;
Code:
php cmd.php xf-addon:install-step SV/ConversationImprovements 1
php cmd.php xf-addon:install-step SV/ConversationImprovements 2

Ah cool. So if I'm using the CLI for the install I don't need to manually do that manual SQL step (unless it fails)?

Reactions: Xon
Sorry, final question, is there a reason this isn't on your site? (at least I don't see it on there).

I assume it's supported?

Top Bottom