Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 2.7.7

No permission to buy ($45.00)
@Xon
There is bug with math here
I am using 2.0.7 version of this addon.
Additional groups do not expand default group permission.
Registered (default group) have this two permissions set to 1
  • [ConvEss] Inbox Size (max number of conversations)
  • [ConvEss] Inbox Size (max number of messages)
Premium (not default group) have set that to 100

Users from Premium group can not send PC to another user (premium) even if they have only 1 PC. (Inbox size 1/100)

Analyze user permission shows that user have 100 inbox and message size, but user can send PC to another user only if I changed in ACP those two settings to unlimited.

Xon updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

2.0.8 - Bugfix & security update

Security Fix:
  • When viewing conversation group/label/rule, check ownership.
  • When conversation groups, check ownership.
Changes/Fixes:
  • Add hover text to inbox label if conversation limit is enabled
  • Only show Labels/Rules/Groups links in conversation side bar if the user has items or can create them
  • Only show 'apply label' inline moderation tool if the user can create labels or has labels
  • If Conversation Monitor installed, Recommend Conversation Monitor...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
xon is there a way to set an option so that when you click on a previously read conversation it sends you to the last message in the conversation rather than back to the beginning?

@Xon
After newest update, this error shows up when anybody tried to send PC

Code:
Server error log
LogicException: Entity is read only src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:1094
Generated by: tester2 20.10.2018. at 23:06
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1153): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#1 src/XF/Service/Conversation/Creator.php(206): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#2 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Service/Conversation/Creator.php(71): XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->_save()
#3 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->_save()
#4 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Conversation.php(301): XF\Service\Conversation\Creator->save()
#5 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Pub/Controller/Conversation.php(43): XF\Pub\Controller\Conversation->actionAdd()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Conversation->actionAdd(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Conversation', 'Add', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'conversations', Object(SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Conversation), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#9 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(18) "/conversations/add"
  ["referrer"] => string(44) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/conversations/add"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/conversations/add"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["tokens_select"] => string(5) "Sunka"
    ["recipients"] => string(5) "Sunka"
    ["label_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["title"] => string(4) "hmfg"
    ["message_html"] => string(12) "<p>fgmgm</p>"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(18) "/conversations/add"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I'm looking for the cron job to prune any conversation that last had a reply over a year ago. Is there anything else I need to set? My conversations haven't been removed, and there are no errors in my server log.

1540219962607.webp

Make sure the cron task is enabled, it should run daily. Is there any error thrown?

The cron is enabled. No errors, and I also tried to run it manually and seemed to execute OK there as well.

But my conversations are still there.

Found something in the log, this got registered last night

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Unknown column view_date on XF::User src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php:1423
Generated by: Unknown account Oct 22, 2018 at 8:05 PM

Stack Trace -

Code:
#0 src/addons/SV/Utils/Finder/SqlJoinTrait.php(195): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->resolveFieldToTableAndColumn('view_date', true)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(539): SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Finder\User->resolveFieldToTableAndColumn('view_date', true)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(222): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->columnSqlName('view_date', true)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(357): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->buildCondition('view_date', '=', 'null')
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(155): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->buildConditionFromArray(Array)
#5 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Cron/ModAway.php(31): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->whereOr(Array, Array, Array)
#6 [internal function]: SV\ConversationEssentials\Cron\ModAway::modAway(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#7 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(36): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Cron->run(7.99999713898)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.99999713898)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.99999713898)
#11 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#12 {main}

Found something in the log, this got registered last night

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Unknown column view_date on XF::User src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php:1423
Generated by: Unknown account Oct 22, 2018 at 8:05 PM

Stack Trace -

Code:
#0 src/addons/SV/Utils/Finder/SqlJoinTrait.php(195): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->resolveFieldToTableAndColumn('view_date', true)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(539): SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Finder\User->resolveFieldToTableAndColumn('view_date', true)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(222): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->columnSqlName('view_date', true)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(357): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->buildCondition('view_date', '=', 'null')
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(155): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->buildConditionFromArray(Array)
#5 src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/Cron/ModAway.php(31): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->whereOr(Array, Array, Array)
#6 [internal function]: SV\ConversationEssentials\Cron\ModAway::modAway(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#7 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(36): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Cron->run(7.99999713898)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.99999713898)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.99999713898)
#11 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#12 {main}
That should be fixed as-of Conversation Essentials v2.0.8

That should be fixed as-of Conversation Essentials v2.0.8

So it appears that error was not related.

I upgraded to v2.0.9 and prune still doesn't happen on my board.

We've got a ton of conversations that should be deleted and haven't been in years. Any hints on how I should
go about trying to debug this?

Thanks

There are 3 conditions;
  1. You need to enter a maximum age
  2. You need to confirm it
  3. The cron task needs to be enabled
Can you check that the daily cron-task is enabled?

Otherwise I'll need to debug it to see why it isn't pruning as expected. It actually makes users leave the conversation rather than hard deletes it, as there is a "Prevent conversation hard-delete" option which allows conversations to linger rather than be automatically deleted when everyone leaves

There are 3 conditions;
  1. You need to enter a maximum age
  2. You need to confirm it
  3. The cron task needs to be enabled
Can you check that the daily cron-task is enabled?

Otherwise I'll need to debug it to see why it isn't pruning as expected. It actually makes users leave the conversation rather than hard deletes it, as there is a "Prevent conversation hard-delete" option which allows conversations to linger rather than be automatically deleted when everyone leaves

Yes to all three conditions.

I have "Prevent conversation hard-delete" unchecked currently.

Top Bottom