Contentteller

:lol: Purchase ....i thought it was open source 2days back and now says Purchase License wow didn't expected that so fast .

Even the Pricings are way too high which is not good Product might be better but when it has very less resources it's useless to pay that much for License.

Money is not a key factor for many, especially at that price range. I care more about long-term development and support for the product. We ain't phpbb folks, we are ex vB'ers. :D

Money is not a key factor for many, especially at that price range. I care more about long-term development and support for the product. We ain't phpbb folks, we are ex vBers. :D
Many people believe everything should be free.
The reason I started the thread was to find out if anyone has heard of the product.
Not whether it was worth the cost.
People can decide if it's worth the money with the trial version.

I would like to know if anyone is running Contentteller along side of XenForo.

Many people believe everything should be free.
The reason I started the thread was to find out if anyone has heard of the product.
Not whether it was worth the cost.
People can decide if it's worth the money with the trial version.

I would like to know if anyone is running Contentteller along side of XenForo.

Well sometimes it depends on Products and resources and yes i liked this product but everyone can't afford to pay for everything out there unless Pricing are good and supporting .

The forum integration part can create a thread in forum for a article's feed back or use existing thread. This can put a forum thread in home page. Admin can use this to promote forum traffic. It can also encourage member contribute better content.

There are two forum widgets: Latest topics and heat topics. If there are more forum widgets, eg. latest posts, lates member, top posters and a shoutbox. Just use contenteller as a portal worth the cost.

About the embed the forum, it may looks strange to put xf into contenteller. If anyone can make a demo for this is appreciated.

In my imagination, embed the contenteller engine into xf like the Jaxel's lite wiki make a real one site solution.

:lol: Purchase ....i thought it was open source 2days back and now says Purchase License wow didn't expected that so fast .
The contenteller web site says its a pay ware ecplicitly. For freeware, the starting cost is low but the using cost is high. Some freeware like smf, its a laboratory. Tons of mods awaiting you to test it. If you needs something more, pay for custom make mods.

Its seems out of box functionality is important. Pay what you see is what you get. Use time to write content instead wasting time in evaluating freewares.

I used it briefly but one of the biggest challenges for me was maintaining several sites. It got awkward at times.
What was the biggest problem in the multisite setup for you? I am always looking for feedback to improve the script.

The look and feel of contenteller is big different from xf.
You can change the look to whatever you want after the entire HTML output is stored in templates. A good example is Legion Hardware. They ported their existing design over to Contentteller.

There are two forum widgets: Latest topics and heat topics. If there are more forum widgets, eg. latest posts, lates member, top posters and a shoutbox.
I will look into it :)

The problem is: this product has only one coder; this coder has this software house. Now, this is not a "full time coder" for the development.

You can change the look to whatever you want after the entire HTML output is stored in templates. A good example is Legion Hardware. They ported their existing design over to Contentteller.

Nice website!

Code:
<meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="content-type" />
  <meta name="generator" content="Esselbach Contentteller CMS" />
Its not unicode.

T
This is a point. Why not ads in blog/cms non intrusive?

Blog/Cms -> Visitors -> Very easy to integrate contestual adverting in the template
Forum -> Regular users

Probably didn't noticed Purchase ...i have no interest on paying at all wordpress might do better job in that case.

De gustibus...but Wordpress it's not a true CMS.

I'd like to see the "multi site" feature. With this, you can have the integration with Xenforo? You can put every website with a single subdomain?

What was the biggest problem in the multisite setup for you? I am always looking for feedback to improve the script.

I will look into it :)

I started hitting issues when having more than four installations. It started becoming a pain to do upgrades for them as I had to repeat the upload process over and over and over. It got tedious.

Blog/Cms -> Visitors -> Very easy to integrate contestual adverting in the template
Forum -> Regular users

De gustibus...but Wordpress it's not a true CMS.

I'd like to see the "multi site" feature. With this, you can have the integration with Xenforo? You can put every website with a single subdomain?

I kinda disagree that Wordpress is not a true CMS. Add the right combination of plugins and it works as probably one of the best CMSes around.

Top Bottom