Contentteller

I know im in the minority, but i personally dont like WP and would consider almost any other options on the table before i made word press my front page.. But to be honest i really dont know why WP isnt my cup of tea.. I suppose more then anything its the fact that i stumbled on Joomla first and just have a hard time applying my attention on the WP learning curve. (the backend doesnt appeal to me at all.) This thread has proved useful for me in the fact that there are several alternatives to investigate.. Im hoping i can stay patient and wait for something fully integrated into xF and not just a bridge.. But that may prove easier said then done. :confused:

I know im in the minority, but i personally dont like WP and would consider almost any other options on the table before i made word press my front page.. But to be honest i really dont know why WP isnt my cup of tea.. I suppose more then anything its the fact that i stumbled on Joomla first and just have a hard time applying my attention on the WP learning curve. (the backend doesnt appeal to me at all.) This thread has proved useful for me in the fact that there are several alternatives to investigate.. Im hoping i can stay patient and wait for something fully integrated into xF and not just a bridge.. But that may prove easier said then done. :confused:
I was the same way with WP. I hated it and never wanted to use it for more than just a test install. But, after seeing how far WP has come and the many faces it can take on, it has quickly changed my mind and I use it in two of my websites.

I started hitting issues when having more than four installations. It started becoming a pain to do upgrades for them as I had to repeat the upload process over and over and over. It got tedious.
I maintain more than one xf sites. I upload all files to a bolder in server. Than in the file manager, use copy command. This can avoid multiple upload. I am using bouehost.

I maintain more than one xf sites. I upload all files to a bolder in server. Than in the file manager, use copy command. This can avoid multiple upload. I am using bouehost.

That would work except that I risk overwriting configuration files that were unique to each install of contentteller. That made things difficult to manage as sometimes I screwed things up I had to sort out what was happening. I believe onetime I didn't catch my error till several hours later after someone asked what happened.

That would work except that I risk overwriting configuration files that were unique to each install of contentteller. That made things difficult to manage as sometimes I screwed things up I had to sort out what was happening. I believe onetime I didn't catch my error till several hours later after someone asked what happened.
This is not a multiple site specific problem. If contenteller have a option upload upgrade files only may solve this problem. XF also has this issue. Everytime after upgrading, I have to upload site logo again.

This is not a multiple site specific problem. If contenteller have a option upload upgrade files only may solve this problem. XF also has this issue. Everytime after upgrading, I have to upload site logo again.

Just wondering, have you used contentteller before?

Just wondering, have you used contentteller before?
NO. I look at contenteller website, its iso-88591. My sites are utf-8 Chinese. Having a very bad experience with vb4. I had bought vb4 and litterred due to the language problem. I am very care about this issue.

I'd like to see the "multi site" feature. With this, you can have the integration with Xenforo? You can put every website with a single subdomain?

http://www.ntcompatible.com
http://www.linuxcompatible.org
http://www.macoscompatible.com
All sites are using the same database and forum integration.

Actually, the Contentteller installer is creating all configuration files during installation. Uploading a new version will not delete anything.
However, I may know what happened. Earlier versions of Contentteller had a configuration file named /includes/install.php. It was a common mistake that customers deleted install.php thinking it is the installer. The file name was changed later to build.php.

I've been using Contentteller for years and I really like the features and ease of use of it. Contentteller is fast and reliable it can cope with many posts in a fraction of time and unlike other CMS like drual or typo3 it just needs 1 function to publish a new article or page. I also must say that I like the features of forum integrations and the good support through the publisher.

Installed. The connection with xf is ok. The setup is straight forward, though need some time to learn it. Its must simpler than Joomla. I thinks its easier than WP, since the design of this software has integratin with forum in mind.

One thing stop me from continue exploring this cms is the Chinese characters become monsters although I set the charset to utf-8.

The price is reasonable if you can use it. For a wp theme cost $35+. Just use it as portal worth the price.

Very sad, I can't use it.

Thanks for your kind attention. Even I paid double the price of this cms to vb, he just return me "Chinese not supported".

In the news section, I put the link of a thread. It extract the contents. But the picture it only extract the tag . Could it extract the picture url and show up automatelly?

Concerning utf-8, database tables are latin instead of utf-8.

Contentteller 2.1.6 released. The official website says this version support utf-8 charsets. Not tested yet.

Has anyone got a test or live site up & running with this and would like to post up a link to send via PC?

Only I've just noticed they have a HALF PRICE SALE on until 24/12/10, so I am thinking of having a play and would be interested in seeing what others have done.

Top Bottom