Contentteller

Wordpress - Not a big fan :p , Modx - Looks good ....vbcms is ugly as vb4. This one comes closer to something i was looking for ....My alternative was joomla as frontend and xenforo as forum.

Stay away from joomla :D :D :D ... it is good and everything ... but over the years joomla became bloated .. heavy on the server and God help you if you install the wrong plugin (badly coded) .... Stay away stay away :D

xF is light and peppy :) Try Concrete5 : www.concrete5.org Very good ;)

Stay away from joomla :D :D :D ... it is good and everything ... but over the years joomla became bloated .. heavy on the server and God help you if you install the wrong plugin (badly coded) .... Stay away stay away :D

xF is light and peppy :) Try Concrete5 : www.concrete5.org Very good ;)

Yup i am aware about joomla's issue i did worked with joomla for 4yrs and more never had issues since i did my own custom addon's and designs .

I am just looking for something very light and easy just as http://www.msfn.org/ this site .

I find that most CMS's are just flat out OVERKILL... really, what do people need? They need a portal page, with announcement posts, and then a navigation of managed pages... everything else is just bloat.

I find that most CMS's are just flat out OVERKILL... really, what do people need? They need a portal page, with announcement posts, and then a navigation of managed pages... everything else is just bloat.
I need several landing pages, not just a portal. Or maybe several portal pages.

The look and feel of contenteller is big different from xf.

In my view point, if write an article and use forum for disscussion, why not write an article in the forum and push the article to front page?

Weiyan, you are talking about Jaxel's fix (portal). It's not a good way to present and sort articles. There is a need for a basic XenForo CMS. Till then it's WP and Contentteller likes.

Weiyan, you are talking about Jaxel's fix (portal). It's not a good way to present and sort articles. There is a need for a basic XenForo CMS. Till then it's WP and Contentteller likes.
I am still searching better way to serve my users. If there is a CMS and forums, when a member look for some information, should he go to the cms or the forum first? If a member have something to share, where shoud he post it? I have experience with a site has CMS and forums, members can post to both of them. When I do a site search, result comes from both CMS part and forums part.

In my sense, cms and forum only have a different way to present article. CMS, article may have better latyout. Replies are de-emphasised. In forums, the layout is straightforward.

I am still open to a CMS with XF. May be there are somthing I don't know.

If you really want to serve your users better, find a custom-coded CMS for your site. Thing is, not too many companies can provide a one-size-fits all CMS. vBCMS is supposed to serve webmasters in delivering a frontpage for VB, but they don't have the vision to propel the CMS to a new level.

For example, my first venture was done with a friend at www.xe360.com and every game we review is occupied by a really nice info box and watermarked images.

If you really want to serve your users better, find a custom-coded CMS for your site. Thing is, not too many companies can provide a one-size-fits all CMS. vBCMS is supposed to serve webmasters in delivering a frontpage for VB, but they don't have the vision to propel the CMS to a new level.

For example, my first venture was done with a friend at www.xe360.com and every game we review is occupied by a really nice info box and watermarked images.
Your front page looks very good.

Besides cost, the application is a point. Why not write the review in forum?

I prefer a TRUE CMS with a forum (for earning porpouses). With WP, it's very easy to place ads inside posts. In a forum, no. In a forum, the ads inside the post is very intrusive. And the CTR it's not very high. In a blog/CMS is Good.

T
I prefer a TRUE CMS with a forum (for earning porpouses). With WP, it's very easy to place ads inside posts. In a forum, no. In a forum, the ads inside the post is very intrusive. And the CTR it's not very high. In a blog/CMS is Good.
This is a point. Why not ads in blog/cms non intrusive?

Top Bottom