Connection timed out with SMTP Email xenforo Config

I config email SMTP with gmail for xenforo with info:
smtp.gmail.com port 587
User: my gmail | Pass: from app pass
Encryption: TLS / SSL

but i use Test outbound email then error and i cant register member for forum.
This is error.
Code:
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport
!! Connection could not be established with host smtp.gmail.com [Connection timed out #110] (code: 0)

I using VPS on digitalocean, i has check 587, 465... is opened.
i try using SpartPost service but same error Connection timed out .
Please help me, i dont know why?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 19.43.19.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 19.43.19.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 19.44.11.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 19.44.11.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 20.36.01.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 20.36.01.webp
    66.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 10.11.06.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 10.11.06.webp
    156.5 KB · Views: 36
Start simple. Can you telnet to those ports? If not, can you telnet to those ports on another server? If none of that works, something on your side is blocking the connection. If you can telnet to another server, but not gmail, then they're blocking you. If telnet works for all, you have some misconfiguration in your mail setup.

I try on another vps still normal. I think the DO team has been blocked for months.
1528545640325.webp

*Hello,
Thank you for contacting DigitalOcean.
Stopping spam is a constant fight, so we have implemented some restrictions on newer accounts. To qualify for the ability to send out email, we do require accounts to wait 60 days before we can look into removing the restriction. Once your account has reached 60 days of stable use, please do reach back out to us so we can look into this for you.
We appreciate your understanding on this matter.*
well this is not make sense to me.
I'm working to build ecommerce site. I signup for vps service and buy cpanel license in order to have manage my site without have shared host limitation. Why DO limit their vps user for sending email from the server while all shared host allow their clients from the first time they signup?

Why DO limit their vps user for sending email from the server while all shared host allow their clients from the first time they signup?

They told you why in their reply. They are trying to prevent spam...finally.

To be honest, they are/were one of the largest spam sending abusive networks there is. Many hosts/companies/email providers simply block their entire ASNs, and don't allow any email from their network at all. At the end of last year, Spamhaus put damn near their entire network on their SBL list as well, and rightfully so.

@johndaroza you need to find a new host then. Any host who would block me from sending emails I would request a refund. Regardless of spam prevention simple email confirmations being rejected due to "spam prevention" is unheard of. They should at least give a limit to the amount you can send at once rather then limiting you to not being able to send them at all. I've heard of cheap shared hosts being this unconventional but definitely not on VPS. I would immediately request a refund and move to a new host.

Also always get your cpanel licenses from here -> https://www.buycpanel.com rather then with your host. So your the owner of the license and not your host. That way you can take your license to any host that will allow it.

- Brad

Top Bottom