1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about including identities into message_user_info

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Mike Hollis, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Mike Hollis

Mike Hollis Member

Complete newbie here, I just got xenforo yesterday but as such I've got a little bit to learn. Here's my situation, I've recently added a minecraft identity to the forums, and it's working properly, I want to be able to put the minecraft username in message_user_inf.o now I found the spot to place it. however the closest I can get to showing what I want is by using
    However it also is an array that I don't know how to access, what it does give me is
    {.... irrelevant...;s:9:"minecraft";s:5:"ActualMinecraftUsername";}
    ActualMinecraftUsername is a substitute as can be seen. Now I'm pretty sure s is string, the number is the length and and the content in quotes is the value. But my question is how do I actually reference that in template code?

Being that I'm as new as I am, I'm not sure what to search for to find the information other than attempting to locate other people's templates, which so far has not been useful.

If someone were able to provide an example of what this should look like I'd be grateful.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Identities have been merged with custom profile fields in 1.1 so I wouldn't spend too much time on this.
  3. Mike Hollis

Mike Hollis Member

Alright that said about how far out is the outlook for 1.1, in case this is a sensitive issue (are we there yet?) as it tends to be in some places, please keep in mind I'm very new to the community.

And it does seem like it could be a simple change that I could revert later, is there any documentation for this sort of thing?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

1.1 is currently running here on XenForo.com.

It won't be too long before it is released as a public beta.
  5. Mike Hollis

Mike Hollis Member

Okay, when that does actually happen, will the Help Manual in your signature be updated to clarify how I might do something like that?