Cannot reproduce Confirmation emails are not being sent with "Defaut" option

HolyK

Affected version
2.0.0 RC3
Hi,

following email setting was working on RC2

Email options -> Email transport method : Default (Set return path with -f parameter UNchecked)

On RC3 this is broken. Emails are not being delivered. We've found the cause as well ... registration emails are generated with recipient like this: RCPT TO:<qweqwe111 <blabla@gmail.com> ... which is apparently wrong.

Note that "test" email from admin panel is delivered just fine. Re-sending the confirmation email for user fails on the same as above.

Once we switched "Default" to SMTP it works flawlessly.

I am not sure it this is caused by some misconfiguration on our server but it was working on RC2 so something changed in RC3.

Alex

I am not sure it this is caused by some misconfiguration on our server but it was working on RC2 so something changed in RC3.
Nothing changed on our end in RC3 so that would probably be a coincidence.

Just done a test locally and it seems to work fine, albeit sent to spam.

On RC3 this is broken. Emails are not being delivered. We've found the cause as well ... registration emails are generated with recipient like this: RCPT TO:<qweqwe111 <blabla@gmail.com> ... which is apparently wrong.
If that is indeed invalid, I'm not reproducing anything similar here.

As a test, you can add this to the end of your src/config.php file:
Code:
$c->extend('mailer.transport', function()
{
   return \XF\Mail\Mailer::getTransportFromOption('file', [
      'path' => \XF::getRootDirectory() . '/internal_data'
   ]);
});
That will then write the raw email as it would be passed to your MTA to a file in internal_data. If you can attach that file here (or send it privately), it'd help.

Remove that code from config.php after doing your test though, as it will block any emails from being sent.

Nothing looks obviously wrong in that file. What is your sendmail_path value in php.ini? (What are you using as your MTA?)

There definitely isn't a change that I can see that would be relevant between RC2 and 3; none of the email related files were changed. Are you sure nothing changed on your server?

Top Bottom