config->development

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

What's the clue with $config->development ???

I've added the development variable directory, into the config.php and now i thought that this would create some files but nothing happend.

Because the whole script isn't documented very well, i'm not sure, if i understood it right.

Will this create files (permissions, options, templates) which will make working 3rd party coders live much easier because the can (could) use git/svn/.. ???

It's really for our use. It only writes out data for the "xenforo" add-on.

The addonid is a variable, so it's maybe possible^^
Have to check this when i find time for this
PHP:
    /**
     * Imports the add-on admin permission XML.
     * @param SimpleXMLElement $xml XML element pointing to the root of the  data
     * @param string $addOnId Add-on to import for
     */
    public function importAdminPermissionsAddOnXml(SimpleXMLElement $xml, $addOnId)
    {

Try adding $config['debug'] = 'true'; in your config.php file.
It will give you a development tab in admincp.

Regards,
MainFrame

thx, but i don't need this;)
and IMHO $config['debug'] = true; instead of 'true' is cleaner. We don't need a string here

Note that we do not recommend running production boards in debug / developer mode.

Of course. That goes without saying. :)
I should probably qualify my statement a little further - running in debug mode turns on all sorts of monitoring systems, including the SQL query profiler, all of which will slow down your board and gobble much more memory than usual.

When you guys enable debug mode what do you get on the generation.

I get this on the forum index page.

Code:
Timing: 0.0843 seconds Memory: 7.565 MB DB Queries: 11

My local development board:
Code:
Timing: 0.0331 seconds Memory: 1.722 MB DB Queries: 11
XenForo.com itself:
Code:
Timing: 0.0574 seconds Memory: 5.054 MB DB Queries: 11

How come the memory is so high at 7.565 MB on a test board with only me posting on it?

Code:
Timing: 0.0843 seconds Memory: 7.565 MB DB Queries: 11

Where would I check this to make it lower?

If I goto a topic it goes even higher.

Code:
Memory: 9.077 MB

Loading a completely random thread whilst my test board is still importing (1.5 million posts imported so far) :

Timing: 0.2813 seconds Memory: 5.326 MB DB Queries: 11

This could be (/is for me because i've rewritten the stuff so i can use it for my add-on phrases & templates too) IMHO one of the MOST USEFUL features in xenforo for developers!
It's great for searching/checking the addon phrases + templates (don't need to leave the IDE and go into the acp and it's great if you work with more developers because i can use GIT for everything and not only the files......

I hope you'll improve it and make it usable for add-on coders in the core...

Attachments

• devsupport.webp
    devsupport.webp
    98.7 KB · Views: 63
Top Bottom