Compress HTML Source [Deleted]

I'll be watching this thread. I take page Load speed very seriously and already have a GTMetrix A rating, but not 100%

.. but causes errors by me on my forum with many add-ons. ;)

I will try this Add-on and take a look at the result. :)

@otto Are you sure? I have tried and test it many times but I have never had a problem yet but some of these add-on might conflict with other add-ons you uses. That might be the problem. However, I don't think so. At least I'm also using many add-ons in a large forums and there is no problem.

Will this have any noticeable effects on CPU usage or something? I'm currently on my way to improve various stuff to speed up my forums as well.

I use the pagespeed apache module that handles a lot of that.
I checked the module's page. Does this module requires anything else other than the fact that the server is running with Apache?

Last edited:
@BobbyWibowo I think this will give a better the CPU usage in your forums. As a matter of fact, after install add-on the CPU utilization goes from 2% to 1% of course it's just an example. All of my queries are very optimized but out of compressing HTML, with other optimizing work can lower CPU utilization. Database, add-ons, Cache scripts, Image optimizations, etc. An another example; Gradient Images shall be high CPU usage in any browser in my opinion.

@Eagle I actually meant the web server's CPU, lol. Considering it'll compress the HTML on-the-fly. Although if the queries are as optimized as you claimed, I guess I don't really have anything to worry about.

I didn't say you said that for browsers.

I think this will give a better the CPU usage in your forums. As a matter of fact, after install add-on the CPU utilization goes from 2% to 1% of course it's just an example.

Indeed, as I said that for server CPU usage about in my message.

An another example; Gradient Images shall be high CPU usage in any browser in my opinion.

And I said that for browsers and it's just an example. :)

Whatever, Compressing HTML... This really is an awesome idea! :coffee:

@Eagle ah, got confused by the last phrase. Either way, just installed the add-on before you replied. It works better than CloudFlare's HTML compression since it also hits inline scripts (which is kinda bloated on UI.X based styles). After going through a couple of pages, it appears to be indeed smooth. Thanks! :p

Ah geez, UI.X's user bar won't show up with the compression enabled. I guess I gotta inspect something on my local host T_T

Ah, sadly, this appears to be extremely incompatible with UI.X-based styles. I suppose due to the tons of inline scripts on the style.

With 2nd option enabled, I got 4 JS errors from UI.X inline scripts. Seems like some variables were obstructed and ended up in failure to call them. The effects were pretty noticeable, I suppose because the variables were quite important at that.

With 3rd option enabled (I've disabled 2nd option beforehand), there was no error, but the HTML structure ended up in a mess. Although it only happened on thread_view as far as my inspection goes.

So yeah, I guess somethings aren't properly structured so it ended up in a mess on UI.X-based style. For now I switched back CloudFlare's HTML compression and decided to 'minify' the inline script by myself later (though I'll just remove the indenting on the scripts).

On that note, can we get a 4th option? Possibly an option that will ONLY remove indenting on inline scripts? Meaning only the tabs or spaces on them. For some scenarios (like mine), it's better to combine that with CloudFlare's HTML compression, because apparently nothing breaks with their compression (but they doesn't hit inline scripts, so my page size is still pretty big with UI.X inline scripts).

Last edited:
.. but causes errors by me on my forum with many add-ons. ;)
I mean the pagespeed mod for Apache. ;)

But - I have now tested your add-on. When I aktivate only the middle option, I cant view any pictures in the forum threads and also not in the xen media gallery. Seems to be jquery will work not more proberly. I can reproduce this - can you confirm this (Xenforo 1.4.8 and the latest XMG for)

@otto Erm, mine telling me more about PageSpeed module? Does it need anything else other than the fact that the web server is using Apache? I'm interested to have that installed.

As I say - mod pagespeed dont work for me without errors! I dont use it now any more.

Because - its pretty simpel to install, google have a nice install guide for. :)

Top Bottom