Competitions for XenForo [Deleted]

I'll add to it!

1. Able to see the list of members entered .
2. Able to set a minimum number of contestants; example: "this contest requires 25 contestants - invite your friends now!"

No, there isn't.

You can see the user end of the competitions system here:
http://www.avforums.com/competitions/

But there's no demo of the admin side.

This video supplies a very good demonstration:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And you are of course free to ask as many questions as you like.

Thank you very much for the quick reply Chris.

I have seen all that Chris, but unfortunately my poor English and the translator of google are not sufficient to understand the whole functionality of the system.

Thanks again for your reply.

I've disabled this add-on, but I'm still getting errors from it via the ACP

upload_2014-4-29_9-50-11.webp

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'competition_entries' doesn't have a default value - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 10:34 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/z22se.co.uk/public/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(317): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/z22se.co.uk/public/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/z22se.co.uk/public/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/z22se.co.uk/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1624): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_user', Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/z22se.co.uk/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1613): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/nginx/domains/z22se.co.uk/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/z22se.co.uk/public/library/MetaMirror/DataWriter/User.php(8): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/z22se.co.uk/public/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(281): MetaMirror_DataWriter_User->save()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/z22se.co.uk/public/library/Tac/FoolBotHoneyPot/ControllerPublic/Register.php(762): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/z22se.co.uk/public/library/UserEss/ControllerPublic/Register.php(68): Tac_FoolBotHoneyPot_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#10 /home/nginx/domains/z22se.co.uk/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): UserEss_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#11 /home/nginx/domains/z22se.co.uk/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 /home/nginx/domains/z22se.co.uk/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(37) "https://z22se.co.uk/register/register"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/register/register"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(40) {
    ["10385535ec8b5ee53e"] => string(0) ""
    ["446d0535ec8b5ee302"] => string(0) ""
    ["username"] => string(14) "daniel roberts"
    ["ee2f1535ec8b5edba5"] => string(14) "daniel roberts"
    ["d5b62535ec8b5edda5"] => string(0) ""
    ["2f3d5535ec8b5edc50"] => string(0) ""
    ["abae9535ec8b5ee374"] => string(0) ""
    ["08212535ec8b5ee0c7"] => string(0) ""
    ["email"] => string(22) "XXXX@live.com"
    ["0f7c3535ec8b5ee740"] => string(22) "XXXX@live.com"
    ["2707c535ec8b5ee100"] => string(10) "XXXX"
    ["2f9b2535ec8b5ee6ce"] => string(10) "XXXX"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["password_confirm"] => string(8) "********"
    ["d4a9c535ec8b5edcfa"] => string(0) ""
    ["9fbca535ec8b5ee1ab"] => string(0) ""
    ["b485a535ec8b5ee08e"] => string(0) ""
    ["3985f535ec8b5edd6c"] => string(0) ""
    ["87e01535ec8b5ee2c9"] => string(0) ""
    ["e2982535ec8b5ee01b"] => string(0) ""
    ["dob_month"] => int(7)
    ["dob_day"] => int(10)
    ["dob_year"] => int(1989)
    ["9f8f0535ec8b5ee707"] => string(0) ""
    ["d4ff6535ec8b5ee420"] => string(0) ""
    ["gender"] => string(4) "male"
    ["f725a535ec8b5ee97b"] => string(0) ""
    ["fc4a1535ec8b5ee779"] => string(4) "male"
    ["custom_fields"] => array(1) {
      ["drives"] => string(12) "vectra c sri"
    }
    ["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) {
      [0] => string(6) "drives"
    }
    ["175c8535ec8b5eead4"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway"
    ["0d261535ec8b5ee9ef"] => string(13) "Europe/London"
    ["9e6ee535ec8b5edd33"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway"
    ["e50a0535ec8b5edddf"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway"
    ["timezone"] => string(13) "Europe/London"
    ["public_uuid"] => string(25) "a796612f26c3535ec92993b95"
    ["custom_img_captcha_response_field"] => string(9) "vectra c "
    ["agree"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["reg_key"] => string(32) "65be220a6bf8ab6c5dd3546cac9b169a"
  }
}
All the errors are being generated from when someone tries to register on the site.

Hi MattW,

Thanks for letting me know.

Run this query to fix for now:
Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_user MODIFY COLUMN competition_entries LONGBLOB NULL;

Hi Chris,

I am thinking about buying this add-on to generate traffic to my site. Just wondering what your plans are for the future of this add-on and if you will be supporting it for a while?

Thanks

I do not have a conclusive road map, but there have been a lot of suggestions in this thread that I will be referring back to once it's time to produce an update. I'm not going anywhere so, yes, this will remain supported.

I do not have a conclusive road map, but there have been a lot of suggestions in this thread that I will be referring back to once it's time to produce an update. I'm not going anywhere so, yes, this will remain supported.
That's great to hear. I saw the YouTube video for this add-on in the main resources page so I can see how I can use it to promote my site. The feature I am after the most right now would be to limit who can enter a competition with criteria (number of posts, join on/before this date etc) without using groups to do so, is this something you plan to do in the near future?

Thanks.

That's a tricky one to answer right now because why not use groups to do that?

Bear in mind there is a fully featured user criteria and promotion system in XenForo. You can create a usergroup and promote people to that usergroup once the criteria has been met.

upload_2014-5-6_14-19-2.webp

A usergroup doesn't have to have any actual permissions assigned to it. You could even create a usergroup per competition if necessary.

I can't see me duplicating any of this functionality when it already exists.

That's a tricky one to answer right now because why not use groups to do that?

Bear in mind there is a fully featured user criteria and promotion system in XenForo. You can create a usergroup and promote people to that usergroup once the criteria has been met.

View attachment 73211

A usergroup doesn't have to have any actual permissions assigned to it. You could even create a usergroup per competition if necessary.

I can't see me duplicating any of this functionality when it already exists.
To be honest I've never really looked much into that. I will check it out and see if it suits what I want to do. Thanks for your response, it's a great looking add-on.

Where can I change the day and month in German? And what I need to change that users have to login first before you click on the link a sponsor?

Chris D updated Competitions for XenForo with a new update entry:

Maintenance Release

This update to Competitions for XenForo is primarily a maintenance release.

The changes are as follows:
  • All competition images are saved as progressive JPG files for optimised loading.
  • An additional small size image is created and used for the sidebar block on the home page.
  • A bug has been resolved where a default value was missed on a column added to the xf_user table. This may have caused issues with registration if the add-on were to be disabled.
  • Changes to the way the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ah man wish i could really use this add-on but without having that one feature it's hard for me :( Atleast admins should be able to see the list of members entered /edit delete them if they don't comply with rules after entering .

All of the suggestions are still "open" and will be considered in the future. Right now, though, it was important to get these small bugs and usability issues resolved.

This update does allow you to see a full list of entrants, but there's still no way of managing those entrants (yet).

It's worth noting that this is a 3rd point release, and therefore not usually the type of release to add new features in.

Last edited:
All of the suggestions are still "open" and will be considered in the future. Right now, though, it was important to get these small bugs and usability issues resolved.

This update does allow you to see a full list of entrants, but there's still no way of managing those entrants (yet).

It's worth noting that this is a 3rd point release, and therefore not usually the type of release to add new features in.

No worries will wait for bigger update . Our monthly giveaways are starting soon and plan on doing samething with new project i am launching soon . Hope better things will follow on future.

Top Bottom