Competitions for XenForo [Deleted]

The problem I have found with Q&A is the unfortunate instances of inactive members coming back just to enter (and sometimes winning) comps then buggering off again - I'd like to make members work a bit harder for the prize
Usergroup promotions are perfect for this.

Think of some criteria, and see if you can automatically promote to a usergroup based on that criteria. Then, just allow that usergroup to enter.

I'm not sure what criteria I could use because promotion to my Premium Membership is already based on their initial forum participation (such as posts, likes, etc) and it's some of these members who initially earn their PM then turn into lurkers.

Perhaps I just don't fully understand how to use usergroup promotions, but as far as I can see the criteria I can use is limited to what's on the "Apply this promotion while..." tab in Create New Promotion. Under this tab, I can select various Content & Achievements such as: must have posted x amount, received x likes, etc and because I have Showcase and Featured Threads addons there are several other criteria's I can select like: user has at least x threads featured. However, I don't know how I could apply a new criteria to my premium members who have already achieved all these?

If I'm misreading how usergroup promotions are supposed to work please feel free to point me in the right direction - still finding my way around xf, cheers.

I'm not sure what criteria I could use because promotion to my Premium Membership is already based on their initial forum participation (such as posts, likes, etc) and it's some of these members who initially earn their PM then turn into lurkers.

Perhaps I just don't fully understand how to use usergroup promotions, but as far as I can see the criteria I can use is limited to what's on the "Apply this promotion while..." tab in Create New Promotion. Under this tab, I can select various Content & Achievements such as: must have posted x amount, received x likes, etc and because I have Showcase and Featured Threads addons there are several other criteria's I can select like: user has at least x threads featured. However, I don't know how I could apply a new criteria to my premium members who have already achieved all these?

If I'm misreading how usergroup promotions are supposed to work please feel free to point me in the right direction - still finding my way around xf, cheers.
If you're wanting criteria to encourage users to continue to be active, there are two add-ons that provide additional ones:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/cta-criteria.3006/
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-criteria-by-waindigo.813/

You may find something like the "user has posted at least X times in the last Y days" criteria.

If you're wanting criteria to encourage users to continue to be active, there are two add-ons that provide additional ones:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/cta-criteria.3006/
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-criteria-by-waindigo.813/

You may find something like the "user has posted at least X times in the last Y days" criteria.

That's awesome Martok! This is exactly what I needed and will work perfectly with Competitions for XF (as Chris said).

Thanks mate :)

@Chris D i think i have some bug report, so i have this completed competition, everything worked out fine, etc..
When i go to one of the Winners profile, isn't it supposed to show "Competitions won by X"?
It only appears as the one user did actually enter.

For Question & Answer ist there an option for a simple Textinput?
For example answer is "New York" and Users have to type in the correct answer.
Is this possible? If not I would like to suggest it for future updates as I would likely buy it.

Yes, that's included already:

upload_2014-8-18_20-52-35.webp

All you do is fill in one answer (and mark it as correct) and that will result in there being a text box where the user must enter the correct answer.

Reactions: it_
I have an just one active competition that ends on the 30/9/2014 Yet the system shows 'There are currently no active competitions." If I look in the archive, it's there and reports as being open. It's not always been like that, I'm sure it was showing up the other day and it has plenty of entries. Anyone any idea what might be wrong? Thanks

Hey Chris, is this being added to your product manager as well? Didn't know if all of your paid addons were being ported over.

I really like this addon, but I have a few suggestions for potential competitions:
  • The most (likes, trophy points, posts, followers, etc) over a particular time period of people who have signed up for the competition.
  • Integration with Xen Media Gallery so that we can do media-based competitions. People have to upload pictures, etc and the competition allows users to vote on the best entry.

AVForums add-ons won't be added to the Product Manager for a while as they are handled separately to my other work. Even so, existing products (that were purchased with FetchApp) probably won't be migrated across because I believe it's too much effort for too little gain considering all existing customers would have to be registered at my site. So it will probably just be all new products (and XMG) that will be sold from there.

Thanks for the suggestions. Both of those suggestions have been made already so they will definitely be considered for a future release.

AVForums add-ons won't be added to the Product Manager for a while as they are handled separately to my other work. Even so, existing products (that were purchased with FetchApp) probably won't be migrated across because I believe it's too much effort for too little gain considering all existing customers would have to be registered at my site. So it will probably just be all new products (and XMG) that will be sold from there.

Thanks for the suggestions. Both of those suggestions have been made already so they will definitely be considered for a future release.
Understood with the product end. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything ;)

As for the suggestions, I take it they were custom requests then? I would be willing to pay to get my hands on them if at all possible :).

I really like the idea of this addon! However I'm not quite sure if I can use it for my needs. I run a literature community and would like to start a weekly competion where users have to answer questions concerning books.

Example
1: what is the main character in bok xyz
2: what is the most famous book of Jack London?

However, I would like to ask 10 questions in my weekly competition. Is this possible?
Is it possible to show a block with best competition members over a certain time (2 month, 1 year, ever)?

regards, rhodes

None of these are possible at the moment.

Competitions are currently focused on single question + single answer multiple choice. Or single question + textbox to enter an answer.

It will have been emailed to you. The email address used would have been the email address tied to the PayPal account you used to purchase.

Hi Chris, can't find it. I have millions of items tied to that email address, what email address did it come from? or what was the title of the email. Thanks

Top Bottom