Competitions for XenForo [Deleted]

Sounds like the same issue I had; I think I got the various table entries reset to push the time out after it happened but wasn't able to get a confirmation. Did you try resetting the expiration or left it alone (curious whether your resetting worked or not to get it re-open)?

I'm a bit at a stopping point, we quoted a certain time and day and then the cron ran early, I kept record of the winners and pushed it out to think but alerts were sent so we'll probably just carry through with the original winners.

Pushing the date out opened it back up.

Thanks for the note, I'd also recommend changing the phrasing as well, for future contests I'll just use very general wording on the time haha.

@Chris D in my "freak out moment" lol I extended the contest, any way I can simply end it without choosing new winners? If I adjust the date to say yesterday, then run the cron would it select new winners?

Thanks for the note, I'd also recommend changing the phrasing as well, for future contests I'll just use very general wording on the time haha.
...Or adjust the cron run time?

Once winners are selected, they can't be reselected. It'd probably be best to run with the original result.

...Or adjust the cron run time?

Once winners are selected, they can't be reselected. It'd probably be best to run with the original result.

That's the plan to use the original winners, however in my time of freakout I chose a new ending date for the competition, opening it back up. So my question is will it pick the same winners of I adjust the date back to the original(to where it's ended).

I hope that makes sense... choosing a later date after the winners are picked allows more entries currently.

Scratch that. I looked at the MySQL table and realized the winners/losers were already set and that extending the date did not reset the winners/losers, so I adjusted the date back. Thanks Chris, for the great add-on. We'll adjust the cron time and be prepared next time :D

Last edited:
Wish i could buy it right away but without the feature i asked it's pretty much useless for me . If i start giveaways i will have 200-300 people jumping on board and half of them will follow the rule so until i can see those who entered it / option to remove them from it i don't have option at all lol .

What rules do you want them to follow? Someone here might have a way to make it work for you. I think the best way is to find a way to have only the ones that qualify, be allowed to enter. Then you don't need to mess with anything after the fact.

James

What rules do you want them to follow? Someone here might have a way to make it work for you. I think the best way is to find a way to have only the ones that qualify, be allowed to enter. Then you don't need to mess with anything after the fact.

James

I do lot of giveaways contest etc for my fishing community . There are people sometime who enter the contest but at somepoint they won't follow all the guidelines . In that case it would be better if we can access the list of entered members and remove them manually

I do lot of giveaways contest etc for my fishing community . There are people sometime who enter the contest but at somepoint they won't follow all the guidelines . In that case it would be better if we can access the list of entered members and remove them manually

If it is a picture contest it should be able to be done now. I forget which add on give me the option but you can make a user group for that contest. You can set up a promotion for that user group and have it that they had to post in that thread and any other restrictions your want to use. Have a end date for submissions so you can close the thread. You can have the start date for the competition software set x number of days after the thread closes. This give you time to reject anyone that doesn't meet the contest requirements. Then when the contest starts, only the ones that are still in that user group will be allowed to enter.

James

Ooops, following updating to 1.3 and update UI.X and merging templates, I've lost the copyright message. Is there a quick way to replace it?

Can someone post the code for me to replace in the footer please?

upload_2014-3-14_10-34-8.webp

upload_2014-3-14_10-33-41.webp

Don't worry about this for now.

I'm aware of it. Let's just say you can be branding free until this issue is fixed :)

I'm not going to release an update just to restore a copyright message - seems a little unfair. Once there is a feature release the branding will be restored.

I'm aware of it. Let's just say you can be branding free until this issue is fixed :)
Blimey, something I haven't broken :cautious:

I've just remembered I can put it in the exta_copyright phrase for now. I actually don't mind running with the branding - like to give credit where it's due.

Cheers Chris!

are we able to see / show who has entered the competitions?

i'd like to set a minimum amount of required contestants.

possible?

are we able to see / show who has entered the competitions?

i'd like to set a minimum amount of required contestants.

possible?

I like the minimum amount feature. It would be good for contest put on by the forum itself. I have a feeling it was mentioned before but It would be nice to have it run for X amount of time after X amount of people entered.

James

I need it bc I'm having contests where I give cash prizes, so I don't want just 3 ppl signing up and I'm handing out cash with nothing in return.

@drastic yup this mod do have a lot of potential to be expanded, for let us have more control and do things just like we want, so we also get competitions going where we also get something in return. :)

I need it bc I'm having contests where I give cash prizes, so I don't want just 3 ppl signing up and I'm handing out cash with nothing in return.
User group promotions could help you out here in the short term.

I use them so only people who have been members for 5 days and made 5 decent posts can enter. This would at least stop people signing up just to enter as happened on my site!

Keep the suggestions coming guys.

They're all useful.

Awesome here's my list so far

1. Able to see the list of members entered .
2. Able to remove members from the contest list before drawing happens for not complying with rules .

2. Able to remove members from the contest list before drawing happens for not complying with rules .
Would be good if this generates a closed conversation stating they have not complied with the rules for entry. Just saves me having to do it manually ;)

Top Bottom