Competitions for XenForo [Deleted]

quick check done........no go!.......cant find competition_index.....do I need to enable "debug"?

thanks in advance...I know you are busy!

Lee

Trying to update a currently running competition due to a site name change, but every time I go to save it, I get the following error:

contest_error.webp

Additionally, it seems now when users click on the nav link at the top of the page, it tells them that there are no current competitions, but if they click on the link in the sidebar, it takes them right to the competition page.

Never mind, fixed both of my issues, one using the previously mentioned suggestion to extend the number of days a contest is shown and the other by changing the "Thread Creation" user name in the options on the ACP.

Hey Chris can we see the list of users entered the competition ? Will i be able to remove certain user from the competition if they don't comply with the rule ?

I have 2 sites and i will need this feature big time.

Both of these suggestions have already been made and they are likely to be included in a future version but I don't have an ETA for that just yet.

Both of these suggestions have already been made and they are likely to be included in a future version but I don't have an ETA for that just yet.

Ah darn that's the most important feature i need before i buy the license . The type of community sites i run will need this feature just to make it fair competition.

Sorry if this has been answered Chris, couldn't find it

Is there a way to not show the winner right away? Since I'll be running competitions on a small user base, it's possible a user could win a competition multiple times which I'd like to avoid.

I'll be giving out around 10 prizes or so, figure the best way would be create 10 competitions but I'd like to screen the winners before it's publicly announced.

Sorry if this has been answered Chris, couldn't find it

Is there a way to not show the winner right away? Since I'll be running competitions on a small user base, it's possible a user could win a competition multiple times which I'd like to avoid.

I'll be giving out around 10 prizes or so, figure the best way would be create 10 competitions but I'd like to screen the winners before it's publicly announced.

That would be cool feature too ! It's not fun when same user pops up for multiple winner list lol.

That would be cool feature too ! It's not fun when same user pops up for multiple winner list lol.

I ended up going with one competition, 4 prizes at a time, and having it select 4 winners. Then with the pick of winners they can choose one prize(in order of post count).

Don't think there's any other way right now heh. It should work... I think... I hope...

I ended up going with one competition, 4 prizes at a time, and having it select 4 winners. Then with the pick of winners they can choose one prize(in order of post count).

Don't think there's any other way right now heh. It should work... I think... I hope...

Wish i could buy it right away but without the feature i asked it's pretty much useless for me . If i start giveaways i will have 200-300 people jumping on board and half of them will follow the rule so until i can see those who entered it / option to remove them from it i don't have option at all lol .

Hey @Chris D how exactly does the ending time work? Our board is set for Eastern time, we set the competition to end March 6th, 2014 on midnight. It was 4:10 (pacific time) when I got an alert saying my competition was closed.

Any ideas or am I mis-reading something?

Another question, does this send an alert to all the winners and the runner ups?

I think it's because XenForo cron entry times are GMT, regardless of timezone configuration.

You probably need to adjust the cron run time to be around 8am.

I think it's because XenForo cron entry times are GMT, regardless of timezone configuration.

You probably need to adjust the cron run time to be around 8am.

Alright, any way for a future release on this to somehow avoid that, or fix it, kind of sucks to quote a competition specific ending time, then get called 5-6 hours early.

Also alerts are automatically sent out to the winners correct?

That's just how XenForo works. There's nothing I can do to fix that. I have added a note to the resource description.

Yes, correct.

Alright, any way for a future release on this to somehow avoid that, or fix it, kind of sucks to quote a competition specific ending time, then get called 5-6 hours early.
Sounds like the same issue I had; I think I got the various table entries reset to push the time out after it happened but wasn't able to get a confirmation. Did you try resetting the expiration or left it alone (curious whether your resetting worked or not to get it re-open)?

Top Bottom