1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community moved to XenForo, very positive feedback!

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Puntocom, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Puntocom

Puntocom Well-Known Member

My users are very happy with the change, the board has 753 members and 4941 messages, I'm sure it will grow much faster with XenForo!

I'm also very happy because the maintenance is much faster and I got rid of tons of problems and support tickets from users for easy tasks such as image uploading and spammers registering.

Thank you!
  2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Wonderful news Puntocom! And just think, there are only good things to come. :)
    Puntocom likes this.
  3. Puntocom

I can't be happier today :), now I have much more admin options such as invisible moderators.

This has solved a problem with my community since a group of users sell things so if they are set as moderators, they had more visibility and the others users complained. Now they are hidden moderators and the problem has gone :)

That's great news Peggy! :)
    Anthony Parsons and Peggy like this.
  4. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Congratulations Puntocom! :D
    Puntocom likes this.
  5. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

That's good to hear. In another thread I agreed that people don't like change.
    Perhaps it is the demographics of the forum that makes a difference?
    Also depends what you are coming from.

I saw a nice increase when I moved from phpBB2 to vB3.
    I hope to see a steady growth when migrated over to XF.
  6. Puntocom

All the feedback from my users is 100% positive! My visitors come from Spain mainly, it's an used panties buy&sell community.

I hope to get much more suscriptors with the nice XenForo UI.
    Darkimmortal likes this.
  7. wii

wii Active Member

Aren't there some features that your users miss from your old board ?
  8. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

9. Puntocom

Maybe, anyway I gave up upgrading and configuring things waiting for XenForo. Now it's a pleasure!
    Anthony Parsons likes this.
  10. Puntocom

Update: All the feedback from my users is very positive, I got about 11 registrations / day since the change, and 823 new messages, before the change each day I had no more than 10 messages / day, some days none. Also, the Top Posters addon is doing a nice job.
  11. Floris

Floris Guest

Glad to hear the convert went smooth and that you have a positive feedback from users - good luck with the site!
    Puntocom likes this.
  12. hcmagix

hcmagix Active Member

From wich software and version you switched?
  13. Puntocom

vBulletin 4.0.6
  14. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

You see, that's why Spain's economy is failing. How can the pantie makers survive if you guys buy them used!

Never mind.
    Blandt and Puntocom like this.
  15. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

16. Puntocom

LOL, I don't buy them, I just started a community because I found tons of these kind of ads in generic websites :)
  17. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

Good to hear.
  18. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

Do you have a review section where people smell them and give a rating out of 10? ;)
  19. Puntocom

Hahaha, there are an ads forum and a thread to recommend the best vendors. One user has collected more than 170 used panties from these girls.
  20. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

I knew when I split up with my girlfriend I should have taken the laundry basket full of worn clothes and not the television and PS3 - would have been worth more!