Collapsible Category

Collapsible Category 2.5.0

No permission to download

KSA

ALMUSA submitted a new resource:

Collapsible Category - This add-on allows categories to be collapsible

This add-on allows categories to be collapsible. Credit goes to @Steve F for pointing out the HTML/CSS codes along with the know-how. My work was to make it into an add-on to save the headache of modifying the codes manually.

Installation:
unzip ALMUSA-CollapsibleCatergory.zip and upload to src/addons. In the Admin PC>Add-on find CollapsibleCatergory and hit install.

@Steve F has already shared the aftermath...

Read more about this resource...

Will this save collapsed categories of a user into MySQL or only Cookie? I have a selfmade addon for XF1 and style UI.X working with saving into MySQL and would prefer MySQL instead of Cookie because its persistent over all devices for an user.

I installed that add-on but it doesn't work. Should I enable it in any way?

I think it doesn't work if there are any modifications of

node_list_category
node_list.less

You are checking for full file contents instead of that parts which should be replaced.

Last edited:
Will this save collapsed categories of a user into MySQL or only Cookie? I have a selfmade addon for XF1 and style UI.X working with saving into MySQL and would prefer MySQL instead of Cookie because its persistent over all devices for an user.

This relies on browser cache only.

Hi, I've been using Collapsible Category 2.1.0 for quite some time on XF2. I really like it, and so do my users. I have two sites, both with the stock XF theme, with just some colors modified. For some reason, since I upgraded to XF 2.0.10, the collapse/expand button has moved from the end of the category bar to just under the category title. It still works, though.

since I upgraded to XF 2.0.10 , the collapse/expand button has moved to just under the category titles
i hope you fix it
thank you

Top Bottom