Collapsible Category

Collapsible Category 2.5.0

No permission to download
Private browsing -(is that now the default in windows edge?) - clears cookies on exit.
any chance that is it?

I ran a test and the addon is working fine on my end. Please disable all addons and run a test on the default style.

Please note, this addon stores the setting in your browser cookies which means this won't work if you are on private browsing mode.

View attachment 2020-11-17 03-43-54.mp4

I ran a test and the addon is working fine on my end.
If I stay on site yes it works fine, however if I go away for the day and come back, all previously closed categories are open again. Default style and no add-ons makes no difference. And I'm not on Private Browsing either.

If I stay on site yes it works fine, however if I go away for the day and come back, all previously closed categories are open again. Default style and no add-ons makes no difference. And I'm not on Private Browsing either.

What browser are you using? have you tried another browser? Do have the default cookies setting on your browser? I am using this on my own site and have been using it since I released it here and have not had an issue whatsoever. I am not sure why it's behaving this way on your side. Could you try another browser and let me know. I have collapsed a category on my local machine using multiple browsers and will give it a day to see if I can reproduce this on my end.

@ALMUSA I have not upgraded my site yet to 2.2 but tried this on a local install of 2.2 over localhost and installed this add-on and had no issues. Even upon refresh the categories stay collapsed. I don't think anyone is making it up though but it does work for me and is a bit strange as to why other people are having the issues while others are not.

Reactions: KSA
@ALMUSA I have not upgraded my site yet to 2.2 but tried this on a local install of 2.2 over localhost and installed this add-on and had no issues. Even upon refresh the categories stay collapsed. I don't think anyone is making it up though but it does work for me and is a bit strange as to why other people are having the issues while others are not.

No problem for my XF2.2 with numerous add-ons installed.

I found the switching icons do not animated as expected. The circle doesn't move upon clicking... I disabled all other add-ons and even deleted the codes in extra.less, it's the same.

2020-12-02_17-34-09.gif

This update fixes my problem of Category's not staying collapsed.
Happy High Protein GIF by think!

Several of my users are reporting the same "closed -> open categories" issue after some while.

While diving in the DevTools I see a mention of 24 hours in the MemoryStorage:

1608139227512.webp
Also on an older thread there is mention of this: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...toragedata-is-not-adhered.170474/post-1387962 I looks like it should be possible to override this default setting with an extra data-xf-* attribute?

Maybe this can help shine some light on this problem :D

Top Bottom