Coinbase Commerce Integration

Coinbase Commerce Integration [Paid] 1.0.2

No permission to buy (£25.00)
Previous mistake is already in new version. Coinbase merchant isn't working with long title/description.
log:
Code:
     GuzzleHttp\Exception\ServerException: Coinbase error: Server error: `POST https://api.commerce.coinbase.com/charges/` resulted in a `500 Internal Server Error` response: {"status":500,"error":"Internal Server Error"} src/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Exception/RequestException.php:113
Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(41) "/purchase/user_upgrade/?user_upgrade_id=1"
  ["referrer"] => string(31) "site.com/account/upgrades"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["user_upgrade_id"] => string(1) "1"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["payment_profile_id"] => string(1) "5"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(17) "/account/upgrades"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
User upgrade isn't working.

Previous mistake is already in new version. Coinbase merchant isn't working with long title/description.
This shouldn't be an issue in version 1.0.1. Customers on 0.1.x versions using very long user upgrade descriptions were given a patch.

I have just installed an update. And receive such errors.
Last time you advised me to correct in a such way in 0.1 version:
Code:
'name' => $purchase->title,
'description' => $purchase->title,

I think, this patch should be released also in new version, because that hack with substr (in 1.0.1) isn't working now.

I think, a lot of people use long descriptions, so it should be usefull for everybody.

I think, this patch should be released also in new version, because that hack with substr (in 1.0.1) isn't working now.
1.0.1 adds limits to the title to 99 characters and the description to 199, one character below the Coinbase limits for both fields. I've just tested this again and can confirm it's working properly without error: the strings are being properly trimmed.

Ensure you've uploaded all the files for 1.0.1 correctly, and chose to overwrite existing files.

Image+2019-12-02+at+12.31.37+pm.png

That's about 450 characters description and the maximum upgrade title length. The title is further trimmed because XF formats the title differently for purchase titles (hence adding more characters).

The reason for your 500 internal server error is most likely not this, and I cannot see in your error any mention of the character limit being exceeded (normally the returned API response would say that). Also, a property being too long would return a 400 response (bad request); a 5xx response suggests an issue on Coinbase's side.

You should try again to see if it's now working. If it isn't, please make a ticket at https://nanocode.io/contact.

Thanks for answer. I have just checked. Limit isn't really a problem. Problem is, that I'm using special chars there (fontawesome icons), e.g. <i class="far fa-address-card"></i>. So maybe you should sanitize title/description.

Thanks for answer. I have just checked. Limit isn't really a problem. Problem is, that I'm using special chars there (fontawesome icons), e.g. <i class="far fa-address-card"></i>. So maybe you should sanitize title/description.
You can resort to the old patch method of passing the purchase title as both the title and description to Coinbase. Or passing a literal phrase for the description. I imagine that’d make slightly more sense for the way you’re using the description field, for your use case.

Hi! I have just sent you ticket.
After updating to the last 1.0.2, I received a lot of errors. It's because of multiple domain. I initialize just 1 time coinbase payment from localhost (localhost copy of forum for my testing purposes). And now in web version are a lot of similar mistakes.

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 13
Hi! I have just sent you ticket.
After updating to the last 1.0.2, I received a lot of errors. It's because of multiple domain. I initialize just 1 time coinbase payment from localhost (localhost copy of forum for my testing purposes). And now in web version are a lot of similar mistakes.
We've received your ticket and already replied to it.

It is possible receive donations

Do you have something for donations with cryptocurrencies?
Not sure if that question is aimed at myself or @DragonByte Tech?

They have a donations add-on here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/dbtech-dragonbyte-donate.5870/

They clarified that their mods use the XF2 payment system. This add-on adds support for cryptocurrencies (via Coinbase Commerce) for the XF2 payment system. So I would imagine a combination of both add-ons should work for your needs (I haven't tested it so I can't be absolutely certain).

Correct, both eCommerce and Donate use XF's "Payment Profiles". If a 3rd party add-on provides cryptocurrency payment profiles, those profiles will work in eCommerce and Donate (after being enabled in the settings).

@Robust people are paying me, the payment is verifying on coinbase but the account isn't getting upgraded. Paypal upgrades are working fine.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I'm just a site dev not owner, I don't have access to payment accounts can you not support on here
The license holder must contact for support at the link given. We cannot efficiently provide support, nor validate licenses, on here.

Top Bottom