Coffee Morning Chatter

You've made a good start.

I'm not sure brown and the default blue go together. Maybe do some more style changes to get more of the forum into your chosen colours (which I guess are coffee/biscuit browns?). The node icons would look good changed to something else in your theme, maybe coffee cups?

Also your headline welcome message is your one big chance to make an impression to a new visitor, so always make sure they're error free. Being picky, there's a "your" which should be "you're", post should be posts, the ) after email should be moved to after folder. And I'd drop the negative spammers not welcome bit, spammers won't read it anyway :)

Good effort though, with a few tweaks it should look great.

Agree with Ingenious regarding coffee icons as node icons I think this would be a nice touch. I would also agree that default blue doesn't go with the brown but your on the right track with the brown theme. I'd use lighter brown tones for backgrounds (really light brown/beige) colouring. Some nice rich reds perhaps (dark reds) possibly some nice subtle greens in the icons.

Nice start though and also to agree you could have a great looking style on your hands and look forward in seeing where you go with this one. :)

Thank you both for the feedback as for the post icons unread and read i can't find anywhere but if someone out there would design me a couple.
As for the your i have changed it to "you're".
I have dropped the spammers message as well.

Agree with Ingenious regarding coffee icons as node icons I think this would be a nice touch. I would also agree that default blue doesn't go with the brown but your on the right track with the brown theme. I'd use lighter brown tones for backgrounds (really light brown/beige) colouring. Some nice rich reds perhaps (dark reds) possibly some nice subtle greens in the icons.

Nice start though and also to agree you could have a great looking style on your hands and look forward in seeing where you go with this one. :)

I have change most of the text color but the rest that are blue i can't find where to change them, I need some help on this.

Thanks

Sorry been away most of the day Kelvin. Matt put you on the right direction the color palette will aid you there but if your wanting to be more specific either extra.css or style properties will be your next call if the color palette is too global and changes too much.

Took a look and your style is coming along nicely Kelvin. Very nice work. :)

The options might be in Style Properties but I haven't check though in EXTRA.CSS add the following and adjust accordingly.

Code:
.forum_view #DiscussionListOptionsHandle a {color: red; background-color: green;}

You can do this via the Style Properties. Go into Style Properties >> Discussion List >> Options Panel Handle Link and from there you can adjust the text colour add in your background colour and alter the border-colour.

I'd suggest you do this via Style properties and remove the css from EXTRA.CSS that I provided earlier.

Hey Shelley thanks for the your comment.
and i am asking you if you want, to make me post icons ;)

Sorry kelvin atm I haven't got the time (I did a couple of days design a coffee cup icon) but someone decided it was great to switch the computer off before i saved the icons psd. if I do get time I'll post the icons as spritesheets in the resource manager but that's a big if and if time permits. Sorry.

Top Bottom