Cloud Flare

From a support point of view, it's a pain in the backside.
We have to deal with a lot of issues related to it.

From a personal perspective, if I visit a site and see the CF holding message about checking the browser, I click back and select the next link in the list of search results.

90% it's related to Rocket Loader.

From a personal perspective, if I visit a site and see the CF holding message about checking the browser, I click back and select the next link in the list of search results.
That only happens when you enable "I'm under attack" mode.

Yikes.

Are there any alternatives you'd recommend or shall I just not use one? I don't really need one right now but maybe in the future if things get busy...

I love Cloudflare. highly recommended.
With the good configuration, everything works absolutely perfect.

Heres the thing about CloudFlare though... if everything works perfectly and you never see a CF loading screen...

YOU DONT NEED CLOUDFLARE.

I hate CF. I agree with Brogan, when I see the CF loading... I leave.
Heres the thing about CloudFlare though... if everything works perfectly and you never see a CF loading screen...

YOU DONT NEED CLOUDFLARE.
That only happens when you enable "I'm under attack" mode.
Pretty obvious you don't know about Cloudflare.
It's Great Service.
A lot of Large Forum using it, that includes DigitalPoint.

I feel CloudFlare provides a poor user experience if you get flagged by their CAPTCHA.

One website in particular flags me 90% of the time with a verification check, FUNimation (an American anime distributor). It is a turn off, and I suspect would be a major turn-off for visitors coming in from a Google search result that just want to view your content ASAP. I believe there's a general 5 second rule or something for first impressions?
cloudflare-sec-check.webp

I feel CloudFlare provides a poor user experience if you get flagged by their CAPTCHA.

One website in particular flags me 90% of the time with a verification check, FUNimation (an American anime distributor). It is a turn off, and I suspect would be a major turn-off for visitors coming in from a Google search result that just want to view your content ASAP. I believe there's a general 5 second rule or something for first impressions?
View attachment 110716
This is just a configuration on Cloudflare settings.
Explore ;)

Yep. Cloudflare enables my sites to load super quick for users in US on my EU server. Only positive experiences with them.

Reactions: Xon

View attachment 110716
I get this too... Same website...

I've got a GTMetrix "A" rating, which was a "c" before switching to cloudflare. If it's set up properly then it's extremely worthwhile but that's just my opinion.

The visitors can't do anything about it - only the site owner can adjust the settings.

By that time they've probably lost a visitor though.

That's why you the owner should configure it properly. Default settings won't flag legitimate users.

Err right, but that's missing the point of the posts from those who were complaining they keep getting flagged.

They're hardly going to go to the effort of informing the site owner, and indeed in a lot of cases the visitors won't necessarily be technically aware what the issue is.

To make a very long story short, I once had about 500 websites (most small WordPress sites) on CloudFlare and in the end decided that it was prohibitive and took them all off.

Top Bottom