Classifieds

Classifieds [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($60.00)
That seems like an interesting choice since 2.1 is still a Beta. What specifically in that 1.0.5 build requires XenForo 2.1? Is it something I'd be able to disable to get this bug fix on XF 2.0?
Hi, the problem in question is just updating an SQL row, but I've discovered another issue with the purchasable that stops it from working. That will need to be fixed before the paid listings will function properly.

@Z61 I have a fairly large site and just upgraded today to XF 2.0. I can not afford to upgrade to a beta version until it’s stable. Until then I have an addon that I paid money for and was promised to my community that I can not use. Not cool.
I've begun moving the feedback system into 2.0.X, which will be the main branch until 2.1 stable. Upon 2.1 going stable, support for 2.0 will be reduced to critical bug fixes.

I apologize for jumping the gun a bit, I wanted to get reactions and bookmarks support in, but I definitely went ahead with it too quickly.

Just want to say, I read all the post and this looks very promising. I was working on modifying one of Bob's addon's (Showcase or RMS) to do this. Now I will be buying this once my migration to 2.x (assume it will be 2.1 is complete). Good stuff... been needed for a long time.

Hi, the problem in question is just updating an SQL row, but I've discovered another issue with the purchasable that stops it from working. That will need to be fixed before the paid listings will function properly.

I've begun moving the feedback system into 2.0.X, which will be the main branch until 2.1 stable. Upon 2.1 going stable, support for 2.0 will be reduced to critical bug fixes.

I apologize for jumping the gun a bit, I wanted to get reactions and bookmarks support in, but I definitely went ahead with it too quickly.
Hi @Z61 this now works for 2.0? I am very interested in this addon. I dont mind using it for 2.1 either as I have been styling on some of my betasites using 2.1. But my main sites are using 2.0 until the beta releases a stable version. Also is there any demo or screenshots for the feedback? This is something that I am very glad you added but I'm still curious how it looks. Thanks :)

Hi @Z61 this now works for 2.0? I am very interested in this addon. I dont mind using it for 2.1 either as I have been styling on some of my betasites using 2.1. But my main sites are using 2.0 until the beta releases a stable version. Also is there any demo or screenshots for the feedback? This is something that I am very glad you added but I'm still curious how it looks. Thanks :)

Not yet on 2.0, but I will be releasing an update to re-add XF2.0.X support relatively soon.

Ok thank you for clarifying. That being said I will purchase this soon. Do you have any updated demo in meantime so I can take a peek or view? Or is it still that initial link in beginning of these discussions?

Ok thank you for clarifying. That being said I will purchase this soon. Do you have any updated demo in meantime so I can take a peek or view? Or is it still that initial link in beginning of these discussions?
The same link, I'll be updating the demo once this latest version is out, which admittedly I said last time but will make sure to do it this time.

i keep getting these errors in the admin panel
Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Template public:search_form_classifieds_listing is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:584

what could be the problem,

i keep getting these errors in the admin panel
Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Template public:search_form_classifieds_listing is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:584

what could be the problem,
Hi, which version are you using? That should be fixed in the latest. If you are still on a 2.0.X build when the next update comes out that will be fixed.

Last edited:
Does someone have a link to there board that is using this addon? The demo isn’t doing it for me.

Thanks
Itworx4me

For the most part it´s phrased already, yes. The problem are those kind of input fileds in the ACP:

If you could put these in phrases, that would make it for all of us - who are running their forums in more as a single language - usable.
They have been since I originally released it lol.
@Z61 , but not the way it normaly should. You´ve added the missing phrases via the MySql.php:
Code:
            VALUES
                (0, 'z61_listing_type_title.1', 'Want to buy'),
                (0, 'z61_listing_type_title.2', 'Want to sell'),
                (0, 'z61_listing_type_title.3', 'Want to trade'),

(0, 'z61_package_title.1', 'Free post'),
                (0, 'z61_package_title.2', 'Paid post'),

(0, 'z61_condition_title.1', 'New other (see details)'),
                (0, 'z61_condition_title.2', 'New'),
                (0, 'z61_condition_title.3', 'Manufacturer refurbished'),
                (0, 'z61_condition_title.4', 'Seller refurbished'),
                (0, 'z61_condition_title.5', 'Used'),
                (0, 'z61_condition_title.6', 'For parts or not working')

Since they don´t have an addon-ID they are not inlcuded in the exported language file and while searching for z61_classifieds phrases they are not found, since they are not following the namespace scheme. Guess you should review that.

@Z61 , but not the way it normaly should. You´ve added the missing phrases via the MySql.php:
Code:
            VALUES
                (0, 'z61_listing_type_title.1', 'Want to buy'),
                (0, 'z61_listing_type_title.2', 'Want to sell'),
                (0, 'z61_listing_type_title.3', 'Want to trade'),

(0, 'z61_package_title.1', 'Free post'),
                (0, 'z61_package_title.2', 'Paid post'),

(0, 'z61_condition_title.1', 'New other (see details)'),
                (0, 'z61_condition_title.2', 'New'),
                (0, 'z61_condition_title.3', 'Manufacturer refurbished'),
                (0, 'z61_condition_title.4', 'Seller refurbished'),
                (0, 'z61_condition_title.5', 'Used'),
                (0, 'z61_condition_title.6', 'For parts or not working')

Since they don´t have an addon-ID they are not inlcuded in the exported language file and while searching for z61_classifieds phrases they are not found, since they are not following the namespace scheme. Guess you should review that.
The way they are made is following the way XF creates similar phrases. I'm not going to commit dev time to improving that, unfortunately.
LxTNw7soMV7t0dPR.png

Z61 updated Classifieds with a new update entry:

The Down-upgrade

With this version's release, the add-on has temporarily been made compatible with the XenForo 2.0.X line. This is the final major update for the 2.0.X line.

Changes in 1.0.6:
  • Added feedback widget for listing view
  • Added feedback tab to user profile
  • Added the ability to link multiple categories to a single node.
  • Added alert when a user marks you as the buyer of their item.
  • Added an option for replacing "post new thread" with "post new listing" on a forum's thread...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Server error when submitting feedback.
This has been fixed and will be released shortly.
Is there an option to default the cover image to the first item image? It's an extra step that isn't needed if it can be defaulted.
The first image should be set as the cover by default.
I can’t upload photos from the phone (The uploaded file is too large.), I don’t think that so users will upload so many photos... please increase the attachment upload limit! I would like to to test it from smartphone.
The file size is now 2MB, I can't see why you shouldn't be able to upload any images.

Last edited:
Top Bottom