Classifieds

Classifieds [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($60.00)
Huh. Here's what I have, and I didn't see an option to add a featured image when I made the listing. Is it an option that I need to toggle on in the ACP?

bWIacdB.png

I assume you have an attached image in the post?

Reactions: Z61
@Z61 no reply here either, but it was fairly winded.

Can I create a category* with job listings only and set up the thread to appear more job-hunter friendly (input salary, etc.) where only certain members can post listings (permission-based or staff only)?

Thanks
Sorry about that, I guess I missed your post. You could do something like that using custom fields and permissions.

Reactions: frm
Nice addon, please make it clear that there is a version for non 2.1 folk,
Is there? I know Z61 was on about making one, however i havent seen it...

I have seen two download links for 1.0.5 on the site, however it's not clear which is which :(

The latest 1.0.5 build is only for 2.1. Anything prior supports 2.0, but has some issues regarding the paid listings feature.

Picked this one up today to play with. I notice that it has a feature to require attachments, but there is no way to attach anything or gallery. The only option is to insert a picture at this point, correct? If I build out the categories and the next update is released with attachments, should they carry over?

Picked this one up today to play with. I notice that it has a feature to require attachments, but there is no way to attach anything or gallery. The only option is to insert a picture at this point, correct? If I build out the categories and the next update is released with attachments, should they carry over?
Have you set permissions?

Reactions: frm
Have you set permissions?
Ok time for bed. Didn't think to attach would be permission based.

One suggestion, though, is to create a "Gallery" tab or make a gallery at the bottom instead of having all images insert as thumbnails/full size into the post itself.

Ok time for bed. Didn't think to attach would be permission based.

One suggestion, though, is to create a "Gallery" tab or make a gallery at the bottom instead of having all images insert as thumbnails/full size into the post itself.
I could have sworn that was a thing, I'll look into it.

Is there a way to manually move a listing out of "awaiting payment". I've purchased a paid listing to test and it never moves from "awaiting payment".

Am I missing something that makes this happen?

Last edited:
Is there a way to manually move a listing out of "awaiting payment". I've purchased a paid listing to test and it never moves from "awaiting payment".

Am I missing something that makes this happen?
Hi, I unfortunately must have overlooked that. I'll try and have the ability to force past that state in the next update. Be aware, it should do it automatically once the transaction has cleared.

Hi, I unfortunately must have overlooked that. I'll try and have the ability to force past that state in the next update. Be aware, it should do it automatically once the transaction has cleared.
Thanks

I tried purchasing from two different accounts. I was unable to get the purchase to move to the correct category from "awaiting payment" The count goes up beside the category name but it is not visible in the category itself.

It is visible to all users by using the "More listings by UserX" and the "awaiting" payment.

I'm also unsure why "awaiting payment" is visible to everyone.

Thanks

I tried purchasing from two different accounts. I was unable to get the purchase to move to the correct category from "awaiting payment" The count goes up beside the category name but it is not visible in the category itself.

It is visible to all users by using the "More listings by UserX" and the "awaiting" payment.

I'm also unsure why "awaiting payment" is visible to everyone.
Hi, I'm gonna work on having these fixed in the next update as well.

I'm not sure how this would be accomplished but:

Rather than duplicate the functionality of the classifieds in another forum node I would like to be able to feed the listings into an existing general forum. I can do this now but the "post thread" becomes "add listing" . I understand why this is but it would be great if there was an option for the button not to change.

Reactions: Z61
I'm not sure how this would be accomplished but:

Rather than duplicate the functionality of the classifieds in another forum node I would like to be able to feed the listings into an existing general forum. I can do this now but the "post thread" becomes "add listing" . I understand why this is but it would be great if there was an option for the button not to change.
It will be added as an option in the next update.

The latest 1.0.5 build is only for 2.1. Anything prior supports 2.0, but has some issues regarding the paid listings feature.

That seems like an interesting choice since 2.1 is still a Beta. What specifically in that 1.0.5 build requires XenForo 2.1? Is it something I'd be able to disable to get this bug fix on XF 2.0?

@Z61 I have a fairly large site and just upgraded today to XF 2.0. I can not afford to upgrade to a beta version until it’s stable. Until then I have an addon that I paid money for and was promised to my community that I can not use. Not cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom