Classifieds

Classifieds [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($60.00)
Z61, does the PayPal payment work now to charge clients to book adverts? The is my main reason to buy the add-on. Please let me know, as I will have t update my forum from 2.0.9 to 2.1 and no point if the PayPal isn't running.

So below will be what I intend on doing with a feedback system, you guys are welcome to voice any concerns you may have.
  • Have a feedback system for positive neutral and negative feedback..
  • Permission based
  • Allow staff to moderate feedback items.
  • Have an optional post bit area for feedback in linked forums (forums that have a classifieds category assigned to it.)
  • Show feedback as a tab in the listing and profile.
At this time, I do not intend on making feedback require some proof of purchase or for the listing to be marked as sold.

I'd also allow an admin to be able to edit the feedback number on the backend. This way, when we migrate from another feedback system, we can give our existing users their current earned feedback score from another feedback system.

There is currently no comment system, it's advised to use the thread creation ability.
Okay, that'll work. But it seems I need to create a new subforum for each classified category? I have a few categories for different types of hardware, but only need one hardware subforum/node. To have each type of hardware create a thread, the Classifieds software will only allow me to use each category once per thread. This will force me to create entirely way too many subforums than are necessary. Is there a workaround that I didn't see in the setup options?

PEp2IsV.png

Last edited:
Demo is currently down as I was testing 2.1 support for the add-on. It will be updated at a later time and enabled again. Probably once the update is out.
are there any news about the demo? it can help addon sells too!

Okay, that'll work. But it seems I need to create a new subforum for each classified category? I have a few categories for different types of hardware, but only need one hardware subforum/node. To have each type of hardware create a thread, the Classifieds software will only allow me to use each category once per thread. This will force me to create entirely way too many subforums than are necessary. Is there a workaround that I didn't see in the setup options?

PEp2IsV.png
Currently it's 1 forum per category, I can look into making it less restrictive, but that's how it is at the moment.

are there any news about the demo? it can help addon sells too!

It should be re-added relatively soon.

I'd also allow an admin to be able to edit the feedback number on the backend. This way, when we migrate from another feedback system, we can give our existing users their current earned feedback score from another feedback system.

Yup... even if just to be able to Edit out profanities, abuse and the like...

If only one package is available to a user, the package should be selected by default.

Agreed... because the less that is in the power of the users, the easier it will be for Admins etc...

Currently it's 1 forum per category, I can look into making it less restrictive, but that's how it is at the moment.
Some people have separate forums for different things... eg. One for Sale, one Wanted etc etc. Personally we just put them all in one forum anyhow (admittedly with different Prefixes), so i can see the logic behind this (however the ability to support Prefixes would be mega useful!) :)

Last edited:
Say I want a marketplace with the typical settings one would see there and all features being discussed already.

Is there a way to additionally add a job category (listings, to be created by user groups or staff only) with feedback disabled where I could easily display salary, position, location, description, how to apply, etc. with "thread prefixes" of, for example, the city it's in?

Thanks

Last edited:
Can you consider an option on expiration of a classified ad:
  1. Soft delete ad.
  2. Send email to OP telling them that their listing has been expired.
  3. Allow the OP to easily repost the ad with a single click.

Not got a reply to my question. Does the PayPal payment work now so I can charge a client for an advert? This is a BASIC thing to make the classifieds function having any point it it. Or I'll just stay on thread that are free. Please reply Z61.

Not got a reply to my question. Does the PayPal payment work now so I can charge a client for an advert? This is a BASIC thing to make the classifieds function having any point it it. Or I'll just stay on thread that are free. Please reply Z61.
I've replied to your PM.
Can you consider an option on expiration of a classified ad:
  1. Soft delete ad.
  2. Send email to OP telling them that their listing has been expired.
  3. Allow the OP to easily repost the ad with a single click.
These are good ideas and most if not all will likely be added in an upcoming update.

Thanks @Z61! I paid for this add-on and will be using it. And I would gladly help finance the additions I mentioned.

Also, the paid package could also include a way to feature the classified listing.

Thanks again.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but I would LOVE to see a featured image of the product being sold rather than the avatar of the seller of the listing.

@Z61 no reply here either, but it was fairly winded.

Can I create a category* with job listings only and set up the thread to appear more job-hunter friendly (input salary, etc.) where only certain members can post listings (permission-based or staff only)?

Thanks

Top Bottom