Classifieds

Classifieds [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($60.00)
Hi, I am currently developing a feedback addition for the add-on that I hope to release in the coming days.

That would be great. There are some feedback add-ons out there right now, but the problem is that they don’t make it so that only the buyer or seller can leave feedback, they have it setup so if someone wanted to, they could leave feedback for anyone, even if they hadn’t purchased from them. That could be problematic on a larger forum I predict.

I think it should be like this:

View attachment 187727

Well, if the intention is to create that, then it should look like that. I'm not sure if that's the intention though. As far as I know no one has succeeded with developing a "fully fledged" system for Xenforo (...that resembles what you see in your picture).

Didn't every project fall apart because more and more functionality was required/added until the single developer was overwhelmed? One example: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/goodfornothing-classifieds-paid-deleted.102085/.

Not saying that it can't be done, but it's a massive project that would require countless of hours. What you seem to be asking for is a system comparable with what sites dedicated to classifieds offer?

Last edited:
I think it should be like this:

View attachment 187727

That’s overly complicated if you ask me. It should be simple.

It should require at least one photo to be uploaded, require a price, location, description, and have an option for the seller to mark the ad as “sold”.

Ideally there would be an eBay style feedback system built in for seller ratings.

A nice option might be for the forum admin to add custom fields to their ads, so if I wanted to add a field for something like “engine size” I could.

That’s overly complicated if you ask me. It should be simple.

It should require at least one photo to be uploaded, require a price, location, description, and have an option for the seller to mark the ad as “sold”.

Ideally there would be an eBay style feedback system built in for seller ratings.

A nice option might be for the forum admin to add custom fields to their ads, so if I wanted to add a field for something like “engine size” I could.

I agree

So below will be what I intend on doing with a feedback system, you guys are welcome to voice any concerns you may have.
  • Have a feedback system for positive neutral and negative feedback..
  • Permission based
  • Allow staff to moderate feedback items.
  • Have an optional post bit area for feedback in linked forums (forums that have a classifieds category assigned to it.)
  • Show feedback as a tab in the listing and profile.
At this time, I do not intend on making feedback require some proof of purchase or for the listing to be marked as sold.

That would be a great start. I'd probably have it so that the feedback shows up under the persons username / avatar in a format such a 98% Positive Feedback (or something like that), but it would only show up on classified pages.

One annoyance I have with the way my forum is currently set up is that when people sell stuff, they don't close their thread. It would be nice if there was some sort of obvious button for the seller that said, "MARK AS SOLD", as it would make my life easier, but I could live without it.

It would be nice if there was some sort of obvious button for the seller that said, "MARK AS SOLD", as it would make my life easier, but I could live without it.

I would have said this is a requirement of any selling add-on.... On my forum we currently have a section, and people have to go in and change the thread tag from "for sale" to "sold". Not ideal, however as you say, commonly missed. Also, sometimes something that is sold becomes available again, so would need to be able to be toggled by the seller.

EDIT - I may have misinterpreted this - Reading again it seems that Z61 is reffering to the Feedback only, and not to the item for sale... if so please ignore me!

Last edited:
Reactions: Z61
I would have said this is a requirement of any selling add-on.... On my forum we currently have a section, and people have to go in and change the thread tag from "for sale" to "sold". Not ideal, however as you say, commonly missed. Also, sometimes something that is sold becomes available again, so would need to be able to be toggled by the seller.

You're right, I would really like this to be a requirement, but at this point beggars can't be choosers.

It annoys me to no end that people don't mark their threads as sold or close them. I really think this should be a core feature of this add-on, but it doesn't look like the developer wants to do that initially.

For $60, I would hardly consider us to be "beggers". Having an option to mark an item as sold should definitely be an integral part of this add-on.

Good point. Somehow or another the price totally slipped my mind... all along I'd been thinking this was a free add-on.

Having this information come to light, you're totally right. I can now firmly say that I won't buy it for $60 knowing that it doesn't include that option, plain and simple. For that price I had better have an option for users to mark their threads as sold.

Instead of radio buttons for "Want to sell", "Want to trade", etc - can these be made into checkboxes instead? Many people will consider trades OR sale for their items.

Hello, I've adjusted the plan for feedback.
The flow for feedback will be something like this:
  1. User1 posts listing
  2. User2 purchases item
  3. User1 marks listing as sold to User2
  4. User1 and User2 can now leave feedback for the purchase.
I apologize for any confusion. There is already a mark as sold feature, but it is currently broken. The new version of that will release along side feedback in 1.0.5.
Instead of radio buttons for "Want to sell", "Want to trade", etc - can these be made into checkboxes instead? Many people will consider trades OR sale for their items.
The plan is to keep it as radio buttons and a single listing-type per listing. You could always add your own listing type that supports sale or trade from the ACP.

What does the paid classified post get you versus a free post?

Also, is there a live site we can test this out on or view it live?

@Z61 how far along are you with the overall project ?
The add-on as a whole is at a relatively stable state, the feedback update is progressing well.

What does the paid classified post get you versus a free post?

Also, is there a live site we can test this out on or view it live?
With the paid posts, you can allow their ad to be up for more time before expiring, if enabled. There's also a demo at https://xf2.nixfifty.com/classifieds.

Top Bottom