Classifieds

Classifieds [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($60.00)
Installed on my test-board. Am I blind or is there really no option for inserting images into a product gallery? :unsure:

Having 2 problems:

Bug#1
Code:
Exception: Could not get runner for job Z61\Classifieds:ListingExpirationDateRebuild (unique: ). Skipping. src/XF/Job/Manager.php:227

Generated by: Unknown account Oct 3, 2018 at 5:27 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9848108291626)
#1 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9848108291626)
#2 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#3 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(12) "/xf2/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(72) "https://sub.domain.com/classifieds/categories/example-category.1/add"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

and maps dont show up. (map issue solved)

Last edited:
..and one urgent please: please use phrases for configureable input fields, so this addon can be translated via a language file. Already working on german and portoguese and from that perspective, I am about to kill you ;)

Having 2 problems:

Bug#1
Code:
Exception: Could not get runner for job Z61\Classifieds:ListingExpirationDateRebuild (unique: ). Skipping. src/XF/Job/Manager.php:227

Generated by: Unknown account Oct 3, 2018 at 5:27 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9848108291626)
#1 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9848108291626)
#2 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#3 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(12) "/xf2/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(72) "https://sub.domain.com/classifieds/categories/example-category.1/add"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

and maps dont show up. (map issue solved)
Hi that one should be fixed by the 1.0.2 build. Let me know if it's still happening for you.

@Z61

Some feedback/questions based on your demo site:

Threads
1. Creating a listing creates a thread but thread is marked as [Deleted]. I realise that's likely because listing isn't approved but the language will confuse users so perhaps put [PENDING APPROVAL] or some other verbiage in there.

2. The thread has the following verbiage which I find superfluous: "
ichpen submitted a new listing:". Recommend you remove it or allow customization.

Usability:
1. Add a Like or Follow or Interested feature to *bookmark* classifieds you want to come back to. This would also go well on the My Classifieds Page as above. Bookmarks would be listed under Your Listings

Classifieds Main Page View:
1. Need way more sidebars/filters here. Recommend you add the standard dropdown XF filter as a sidebar widget as users simply will not find/use the obscure XF Filters.
2. Ajaxify sidebar filters/blocks for a more seemless experience without visible reloads
3. Grid view much needed but I know you're working on it
4. Add image thumbnails to list view

Classifieds Item View:
1. Maybe a demo issue but I don't see where the custom fields are shown
2. More Options ... button is confusing, recommend you relabel this one. I would put these options in a sidebar widget. Also actions like Close should have a "Are you sure" modal popup as they are destructive and irreversible.
3. Delete item has a reason free form input. Obviously no one will fill it. Recommend you step away from this and provide radio buttons (Sold Here, Sold Elsewhere, Deleted).
4. I don't like the Item View layout, you should make use of sidebar more for things like contact details, gallery etc. Too much scrolling right now. Put as much info on a single page as you can. Highlight price, put a big contact button, put main image up top etc etc

Create Listing View

1. Need image gallery
2. Condition radio boxes are many and unnecessary (I assume they can be disabled?)
3. Package Radio box, I assume user will be redirected to purchase package (if one is configured)
4. Package should be auto selected if only one is available

Errors:
1. Hitting Add Listing Button from New Listings or Your Listings View generates errors (oops ran into problems).

I have lots more feedback but will take a breather. Good start.

Last edited:
Good summarize, ichpen. Showcase (@Bob ) has a layout which would defintly do, what you mentioned. May be Bob could give you a hand, @Z61 - the wheel hasn´t to be invented new with every newly released grid based addon ;) Looking forward with your addon. But from my perspective, it´s a PayPal-payment module that is missing, that gives me headaches. The rest is more likely polishing for me.

Carry on, Z61! ;)

Good summarize, ichpen. Showcase (@Bob ) has a layout which would defintly do, what you mentioned. May be Bob could give you a hand, @Z61 - the wheel hasn´t to be invented new with every newly released grid based addon ;) Looking forward with your addon. But from my perspective, it´s a PayPal-payment module that is missing, that gives me headaches. The rest is more likely polishing for me.

Carry on, Z61! ;)

Yes Bob has nice layouts. I would also literally lift the layout from places like ebay, Kijiji etc as they're pretty standardized and it's what people are used to.

Reactions: frm
Could users use this addon to sell something, but to arrange payment face to face or "paying to postman"?
Also, could creator of thread (seller) lock selling (locking thread or change "prefix" from "want to sell" to "done" or something else.
Could I, as forum owner, manage this trade to be just from one user (seller) to another one (buyer) without any money in that.
I just want that one user from my forum can sell something to another user on my forum.

Could users use this addon to sell something, but to arrange payment face to face or "paying to postman"?
The way the users discuss their payment is up to them, the addon only offers ways to begin that conversation, nothing more.

Also, could creator of thread (seller) lock selling (locking thread or change "prefix" from "want to sell" to "done" or something else.
Listing owners can mark their listings as completed.
Could I, as forum owner, manage this trade to be just from one user (seller) to another one (buyer) without any money in that.
I just want that one user from my forum can sell something to another user on my forum.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this bit.

Nice to see someone taking a stab at this - Am definately interested!! :)

I'm sure @Alfa1 may have some questions/suggestions as i know he was (Used to be - not sure if still the case!) looking for a decent one of these unless my memory fails me (Completely possible).. Apologies Alfa1 if you weren't!

Looking at the demo - it seems to imply that you can have several different classified categories - just wanted to confirm this was the case?

And another +1 for paypal support, however not essential in early stages - that can be done manually between buyer/seller :)

The ability to "buy" (which locks the sale until confirmation given by the seller that the item is sold) if someone wants to purchase it, rather than multiple people opening a conversation at the same time with the seller (who would get lots of conversations for one item - some things if desirable can receive 10-20 messages in a few minutes!).

This one is bound to come up - Some SIMPLE way to rate buyers/sellers based on the ease of transaction :)

As an admin on a sale, i would want to be able to view previous edits, just to make sure things weren't edited after it was sold (there are people that might do this!). Just like an update to a post, a history remains for Admin.

Am sure i will think of more... however still very interested, and have to say this looks promising! Looking forward to more updates @Z61 :)

Cheers
Paul

Looking at the demo - it seems to imply that you can have several different classified categories - just wanted to confirm this was the case?
You can indeed have multiple categories with their own options.

Hi there :)
Could this also be used like a "directory listing" ?
So without buying and selling a special product...

Top Bottom