Classifieds

Classifieds [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($60.00)
I'm sure @Alfa1 may have some questions/suggestions as i know he was (Used to be - not sure if still the case!) looking for a decent one of these unless my memory fails me (Completely possible).. Apologies Alfa1 if you weren't!
You are probably remembering the reviews addon thread. I find the concept of classifieds interesting and may well use it in the future to create a new revenue stream.

@Z61 ,

as great as this addon can get - PLEEEEAAAASE use phrases in the ACP for all titles on static input fields. As I can see there are not so many, around 20, so it shouldn´t be a problem. But since I run multilingual forums with at least 3 to 16 languages, I couldn´t make use of this addon if it´s not translatable :eek:

Else I will hate you til the last of your days and I will take the money I saved for this addon to pay an old and ugly gipsy-witch to let her worst curse come upon you ;)

Awesome a classified mod for 2.x :)

Some feature request if possible

Mark as sold by user but the ad cannot be deleted by user to prevent them claiming they never had an ad by deleting it after taking money

Subscription or per ad posted fee service like a dollar per ad posted etc. Right now we offer free ad on our forum but we have thought about charging a dollar per ad in future to help support the forum.

Set limit on how many time new ad can be posted on forum based on member status we restrict free member to a limit of 1 ad every 3 months and forum sponsor can post unlimited number of ads

A buyer feedback on seller, I know this one may be a challenge to add in but one way is to have seller enter the username in the sold box that could leave a feedback after item sold etc.

keep up with the awesome mod! Looking forward to it

@Z61 ,

as great as this addon can get - PLEEEEAAAASE use phrases in the ACP for all titles on static input fields. As I can see there are not so many, around 20, so it shouldn´t be a problem. But since I run multilingual forums with at least 3 to 16 languages, I couldn´t make use of this addon if it´s not translatable :eek:

Else I will hate you til the last of your days and I will take the money I saved for this addon to pay an old and ugly gipsy-witch to let her worst curse come upon you ;)
If you mean any custom fields, that's up to XF. If not, show me what you mean. Everything should be phrased as is.

Subscription or per ad posted fee service like a dollar per ad posted etc. Right now we offer free ad on our forum but we have thought about charging a dollar per ad in future to help support the forum.
There is a package system where you can charge $X/listing.

Does the classifieds just show up as normal threads, so that users behind dreaded Tapatalk still can browse and reply?

Does the classifieds just show up as normal threads, so that users behind dreaded Tapatalk still can browse and reply?
There's an option to enable thread creation for listings, which will create a thread with a snippet of the classified listing's info in a designated forum when enabled. But otherwise, no.

If you mean any custom fields, that's up to XF. If not, show me what you mean. Everything should be phrased as is.

For the most part it´s phrased already, yes. The problem are those kind of input fileds in the ACP:

screenshot-2018.11.01-13-35-22.webp
If you could put these in phrases, that would make it for all of us - who are running their forums in more as a single language - usable.

For the most part it´s phrased already, yes. The problem are those kind of input fileds in the ACP:

If you could put these in phrases, that would make it for all of us - who are running their forums in more as a single language - usable.
They have been since I originally released it lol.

Are there any plans for buyer/seller ratings?

We currently just let users write on each others profiles (and locked them for editing), but it would be great if a user could spot a "trusted seller/buyer" more easily.

Last edited:
Are there any plans for buyer/seller ratings?

We currently just let users write on each others profiles (and locked them for editing), but it would be great if a user could spot a "trusted seller/buyer" more easily.
What would you want in a rating system? Just a star system similar to eBay or something else?

What would you want in a rating system? Just a star system similar to eBay or something else?

It's probably best to keep it as simple as possible. One thing I observed from other attempts at creating a classifieds system prior to this one was that it became very hard to maintain as feature after feature was added. I think the best approach is to make it as "basic" as possible/carefully consider any add-ons.

I'll try and come up with a few options that would keep it simple.

Reactions: Z61
It's quite hard to keep it simple. This might be way too complicated:

1. On closing the seller is displayed a form where the seller can enter the buyers username, select a rating (1-5) and write a short comment limited to X characters.

2. The rating is published on the users profile page in a new tab: "Classifieds feedback", or something like that.

Seller/Buyer feedback should probably be separated in some way.

3. The average seller rating is displayed on the users postbit, so it's easy to spot anywhere in the forum.

Not sure about how the buyer would rate the seller afterwards. Simply add a button "Rate seller" on the classified itself, with a similar form to the one displayed for the seller? Or have one button for both: "Rate seller/buyer".

Do people need to know which classified each rating is connected to? Including that information would further complicate things I guess.

Last edited:
@Z61 ,
may be you wanna check up on this:

Code:
    ErrorException: Template error: Template public:search_form_classifieds_listing is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:584

Generated by: Unknown account Nov 6, 2018 at 12:27 AM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 584, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(584): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(539): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', 'search_form_cla...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', 'search_form_cla...')
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1324): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('search_form_cla...', Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l23/s3/public/search_form.php(49): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:search_f...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1250): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\PasswordTools\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('search_form', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Search\\Form', 'public:search_f...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#12 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(37) "/xf2/search/?type=classifieds_listing"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["type"] => string(19) "classifieds_listing"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@Z61 ,
may be you wanna check up on this:

Code:
    ErrorException: Template error: Template public:search_form_classifieds_listing is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:584

Generated by: Unknown account Nov 6, 2018 at 12:27 AM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 584, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(584): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(539): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', 'search_form_cla...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', 'search_form_cla...')
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1324): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('search_form_cla...', Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l23/s3/public/search_form.php(49): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:search_f...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1250): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\PasswordTools\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('search_form', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Search\\Form', 'public:search_f...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#12 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(37) "/xf2/search/?type=classifieds_listing"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["type"] => string(19) "classifieds_listing"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Hi, what version are you on as the latest version should include that template. If you're on the latest, I'll look into it more.

Something like this might be helpful to integrate:

Basically a rating system just like eBay does.

I think you've got a great add-on here. There really needs to be a "classified" solution for XF2. The issue I have is members on my site use the "for sale" sub-forum, but it's still cumbersome and requires a lot of moderation. I like your solution because it's actually a separate classified section, not just a sub-forum.

I plan to install this on my forum and test it out. I hope you continue to develop it, add more features, etc. Like I said, no one else has done this for XF2, so you could make some money and even charge for it if you wanted. I'd be happy to pay for such a great plugin, especially if it remains developed!

Something like this might be helpful to integrate:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-feedback-system-2-x.6238/

Basically a rating system just like eBay does.

I think you've got a great add-on here. There really needs to be a "classified" solution for XF2. The issue I have is members on my site use the "for sale" sub-forum, but it's still cumbersome and requires a lot of moderation. I like your solution because it's actually a separate classified section, not just a sub-forum.

I plan to install this on my forum and test it out. I hope you continue to develop it, add more features, etc. Like I said, no one else has done this for XF2, so you could make some money and even charge for it if you wanted. I'd be happy to pay for such a great plugin, especially if it remains developed!
Hi, I am currently developing a feedback addition for the add-on that I hope to release in the coming days.

Top Bottom