Add-on Classifieds addon development discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuart,

That is great news. The other one does not do what I need.

What I need to do is to designate a percentage fee package per User Group depending on whether they user is more active or less active, or has made a donation to The Forum. The idea is that users who are more active should pay a lower percentage fee to sell things on the site, whereas users who are less active, or who come to the site just to sell their wares, should pay a higher fee. We also want to charge donors a lower fee, because they have made a donation to the site.

So, instead of randomly offering several fee packages to users, we want to attach a particular fee to each User Group, depending upon how active that group is on the Forum, and whether they have made a donation.

For example Active Group users pay a fee of 10% of the selling price to sell on the Forum. Members of the Newbie Group pay a fee of 15% to sell on the Forum. Donors pay a fee of only 5% to sell on the Forum. And so forth...

is it possibile when the first version is going to be released? nothing too precise... something like "Q2 2016". :D
I really need a Classified add-on and I want to compare XenMod's and Mr. Goodie2Shoes'.
I'm not sure they'd want to commit to even a quarter. If they expect a release in 2016 I guess you can expect it in Q2, Q3 or Q4 if that helps!

I own the classified by MGTS.
It doesn't do what I need.
I can use a new one ASAP.

The addon installed on xenmods is the latest "dev" version?
No. Custom fields are broken on the dev copy because currently I'm working on some complex dependencies for them. For example making it so you can have custom fields that are only visible for specific prefixes or making it so that custom field y is only visible if custom field a = "test". That's why there haven't been visible changes for a little while now.

I asked Daniel to create custom advert fields which are dependent on the value of other fields.
So for example, if admin decides to use prefixes to denote the ad type - For Sale, For Trade or Wanted - then we might want to have the advertiser enter some delivery options for the For Sale prefix - Delivery cost is included / Delivery cost is not included / Collection only. And then if the advertiser chooses either delivery option 1 or 2, then we might ask them to enter a preferred courier company. Having all these conditions for the appearance of custom fields is quite a complex thing to develop.

Will there be an importer available to import from the other classified system? I already forsee problems with stable development of the other system so I always like to have backup options available since the classifieds are a central part of my site.

Thanks

Will there be an importer available to import from the other classified system? I already forsee problems with stable development of the other system so I always like to have backup options available since the classifieds are a central part of my site.

Thanks
From my perspective as the person funding development, if the rewards outweigh the costs, then it's something I will look to pay for.
So it will depend on how much work is involved and how many people on the other system buy this one on the basis of being able to migrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom