Browser issue Chrome Mobile Browser Text Editor Issues

Divvens

My members reported multiple issues with the text editor on Chrome browser (android/iphone).

1. If you are on a page and navigate to another page on the same tab, then hit 'back' the text editor refuses to allow any typing.
- This happens on this site too
01.webp 02.webp

2. Not consistently, but randomly the text editor fails to accept any input of alphabetical text and only accepts symbols and special characters.
Since its not consistent, I myself am trying to reproduce the error on here and on my site, but 3 to 4 users have reported this issue happening sporadically. Issue can be resolved with a refresh of the page.

2. Not consistently, but randomly the text editor fails to accept any input of alphabetical text and only accepts symbols and special characters.
Since its not consistent, I myself am trying to reproduce the error on here and on my site, but 3 to 4 users have reported this issue happening sporadically. Issue can be resolved with a refresh of the page.
This seems to be reported mainly by users who have predictive text/auto correct enabled.

This is actually happening in Chrome 54 generally, on Windows and macOS too.

It is currently fixed in Chrome 55 beta. The current suggested workaround is to just refresh the page, I believe Chrome 55 is slated for an early December release.

I also have some issues with PC's, a user was reporting it and I have the same problem with Chrome and FF
Going to do some research now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 1.22.23 pm.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 1.22.23 pm.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 19
Interestingly, I'm not actually seeing the back/forward issue here that I was earlier, so it may have been patched before Chrome 55. I'm not seeing it on Android now either, though I don't recall if I noticed it in the past. As such, I'm going to tag this as a browser issue.

Input issues are tricky, particularly on Android due to the different keyboards. For the most part, I don't think the current system should interfere and if a refresh fixes it, that likely points to something a bit lower level with the browser/OS interaction.

Top Bottom