Chrome Beta question

Trombones13

Has anyone else been having pages crash every so often lately with Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server could not be found.? I've been getting it on occasion for the past few days on several sites, including this one, and I wondered if it had to do with the Chrome beta.

Chrome seems to be getting more and more unstable and buggy.

My stable build regularly crashes due to Flash plugins and every new release they seem to regress earlier fixes.

I'm staying well away from Beta and Dev builds.

Has anyone else been having pages crash every so often lately with Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server could not be found.? I've been getting it on occasion for the past few days on several sites, including this one, and I wondered if it had to do with the Chrome beta.
I've been getting it with the beta regularly for some reason.
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=1b6ea4f035dadc16&hl=en might be helpful - haven't tried any of it meself for reasons of not using Chrome regularly enough. :p

Well, I can say that the current dev builds (10.x) are much less stable than dev builds used to be. One reason might be the introduction of Crankshaft (new V8 optimizer) which seems to cause troubles all over the place. I'm pretty sure this will get better, but right now, I would stay away from using beta/dev builds as your main browser.

If you want to follow development, install the SxS build (aka canary build) which does not overwrite your current stable version.

Chrome seems to be getting more and more unstable and buggy.

My stable build regularly crashes due to Flash plugins and every new release they seem to regress earlier fixes.

I'm staying well away from Beta and Dev builds.

Same here, using Chrome 8 with default plugins and default theme. Working fine and super fast :)

Same, haven't had any of the problems mentioned with mine. Chrome crashed only once or twice for me a month or two ago after I installed silverlight, but that was it really.

Top Bottom