Check out the new smilie dropdown

I agree with both Shelley and Kim here.
I agree with both Shelley and Kim and Peggy. So there!
tongue.png

aww...nobody agrees with me :( :p
In spirit...

Need more mockups.... :) Words mean nothing (well it does), but a picture can say it all... (well it just a picture and it only shows what you want it to look, but how it actually works in the end.) Mockups. I will get mine right after I finish renovating this house....

Smilie Manager? Nah...

None of the other guys have this...

... well vBulletin had a pretty good smilies category manager (or whatever it was called).

Do we need smilies? Probably not.

Ofcourse we need smilies. Smilies are essential in electronic communications.

Having said that, I passionately dislike very, very much webforums who offer trillions of smilies to their userbase. Result...? Yes, those forums are hardly readable anymore! They not only look like teenage playgrounds, but they become more or less unusable if you are there for a pleasant read/forum experience.

So, I can surely do without any form of Smilie Manager. The less smilies there are to manage... the better.

Yes they did. That's the one thing about vB that I did absolutely love.

Yes but like everything else, they didn't compliment it with a nice frontend solution. Example: Category Navigation (slideshow style) but then they never had a "under the text area" where such a front end solution would be utilised. I'm hopeful xenforo will set a standard in some kind of advanced smiley manager system that will compliment both backend & frontend.

I'm hopeful xenforo will set a standard in some kind of advanced smiley manager system that will compliment both backend & frontend.
In time, it may well do so, but it's beyond the scope of XenForo 1.0 to venture down that path at this point. Something more advanced could make it as a 1.1 or 1.2 feature.

In time, it may well do so, but it's beyond the scope of XenForo 1.0 to venture down that path at this point. Something more advanced could make it as a 1.1 or 1.2 feature.

Nice one. And I understand that other priorities take president of this. Thanks For the response Kier. :)

I think this is the right approach (for now). Having a drop down below the text box (like suggested by some) creates more bulk/clutter to the box, while it stays clean now without the 'smilies' button below it.

What I'd like to know is how this new drop down deals with +100 smileys, does it just keep expanding? Also categorization for smileys would be great.

Top Bottom