Check out the new smilie dropdown

Is there a way to change the length of the smilie drop down? Right now its only 6 across... I want to make it more than that.

js/tinymce/tiny_mce.js I suspect.

It's been minified though so trying to locate the code is proving tricky...

OK, my mistake, it's in /js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/editor_template.js

Line 407:
Code:
grid_width: 6

(Thanks Mike :) )

Are smilies really that big a deal to people?

OMG...
yikes.gif
but of course they are!!!!

They are hugely important on any site I admin.

Are smilies really that big a deal to people?

Yes, when you're developing for/ designing them it's a very big deal. You compromise in one area you might has well compromise in other areas. What may be insignificant to some may not be to other people.

Smiley managers backend and frontend have always been a neglected area when it doesn't take an ounce of common sense that a solution to a potential great system stares you right in the eyes. I'm hoping that xenforo is the exception here and takes into account that smiley backend and frontend features are sorely needed.

OMG...
yikes.gif
but of course they are!!!!

They are hugely important on any site I admin.
Same here. I LOVE my smilies, and so do most people who visit any of my sites.

Smiley managers backend and frontend have always been a neglected area when it doesn't take an ounce of common sense that a solution to a potential great system stares you right in the eyes. I'm hoping that xenforo is the exception here and takes into account that smiley backend and frontend features are sorely needed.
I couldn't agree with you more here.

Sorry, I wasn't being a smartass. My forum is a highly technical forum so its not really our thing. I don't have any experience with a community where it is important so I was curious about how big a deal it is to others.

Sorry, I wasn't being a smartass. My forum is a highly technical forum so its not really our thing. I don't have any experience with a community where it is important so I was curious about how big a deal it is to others.
I know you weren't. To many forums they're not important.
But to most community forums, general chat forums, many niche forums, etc, they're extremely important.

Top Bottom