Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Some further suggestions (endorsements if they've been said):
  • Chat Report Manager has same features as normal Report Manager e.g. comments, resolution/rejection alerts, assigning, recently closed reports...
  • Add Chat Reports to the moderator bar, with an item count.
  • Alternative option for chatters list to display those who are viewing the page, instead of those who have messaged in X minutes. This would mean users would popup on the chatters list when they opened the chat page and would leave the list when the page was closed. (Pretty much what TaigaChat does) <----- The reason being is that chat activity increases when users see that more people are available to chat to (including lurkers).
  • Option to disable extraTabs navbar itemcount for "Chat"
  • If possible, when warning a user from the chat report manager, quote the reported message in the warning PM.
  • Directly warn a user for a message.
+1

Best chatroom ever.

Having the chat display everywhere completely destroys server resources, i've had my servers come to a crawl... this is why we need a speed mode.

What's your server specs? It has been fine for me.
Web front server:
Intel CPU 2x3.6Ghz cores
2gig DDR3 ram
40 gig SSD
3TB bandwith

Database backend server:
Intel CPU 2x3.6Ghz cores
2gig DDR3 ram
40 gig SSD
3TB bandwith

With about 50 people on at all times.

Siropu, I have a few suggestions if you permit ;)

1. Allow us to disable menu tab, but keep separate window/tab chat available. I needed to remove the tab from my forum only to find out that by disabling that option it disables opening the chat in a separate window completely. So I had to disable the event listener in order to remove it. I did all of this to keep the navigation menu cleaner, but I added a link on the chat window for those who want to open the chat in a full page.

open-window.webp

2. Instead of having a long list of different colors, is it possible to add some swatches similar to like taigachat has, and if possible with predefined colors to select from? Also moving it to the editor toolbar would make it more interactive.. here is a quick mock-up of what I mean:

chat-swatches.webp

3. Allow users to be invisible from the list just like Xenforo allows us to hide from the online list, but still be able to view the chat. I find that If I'm invisible on xenforo and still have the chat enabled, others would be able to see me and think I'm ignoring them. If we could have it behave just like xenforo, that will be awesome.

Small cosmetic bug:

If your viewing the chat in the "all pages" display mode and you maximize the chat, the editor toolbar hides behide the chat-bar below that allows you to toggle the chat on and off.

bug.webp

Last thing, the rooms icon in the title bar of the chat is not using fontawesome when fontawesome is selected in the style properties as you can see from my screenshots above. In the list of rooms, it's not using it neither.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Having the chat display everywhere completely destroys server resources, i've had my servers come to a crawl... this is why we need a speed mode.
You have this problem with "All pages mode" or with any mode? Let me know how it goes in 1.11.1 with option "Refresh chatters list every x seconds" and "Update session every x seconds" set to 30 seconds.
After install; forums, inputs, refresh = LAG !..

Siropu please fix them all.
I don't understand what you mean by this, could you please explain?

@gldtn,

1. Done
2. In a future release
3. I can added that but if you aren't in the list and you are chatting, users can see that you are online.
4. The height of the content in maximized mode is handled by javascript, not sure what's going on in your case.
5. I see that it does uses FA as the image icon looks different.

@Siropu this is an excellent alternative chat you have provided the community. Really looking forward to future updates and continued development.

I have seen some sites with some creative changes as well, so I'm glad it's flexible.

Siropu:

It did it again, said I posted a new reply when I didn't, but I think I know what caused it. The message was in a moderated queue for me to approve. I approved it, then it happened.
upload_2015-6-29_7-21-11.webp

Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes, Small Features & Improvements

Version 1.11.1 fixes a few bugs and comes with some small features and improvements.

In previews versions if a user had a username that contained characters like backslash, the tagging system won't work so this problem has been fixed and now the tag will be also displayed in the chat archive.

A bug with incorrect username in the bot thread activity has been also fixed.

Now you can disable the chat tab simply by leaving the position value empty. If the tab is disabled, the link to the chat...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It seems that the option for the display mode of each user is not overwriting the general options. New users should see the chat only on the chat page (Chat Page Only), but there it should be possible for a user to change the display position. In the moment if a user changes there the display mode nothing happens.

Yes, "Chat Page Only" overwrites the user display mode option. I will change that because you can use the permissions to control who can change the display mode.

@Siropu

Thank you for implementing the feature suggestions. I have a few more, and a bug report.

BUG: Banned users can still view the chat on the chat page, even when the option to prevent them from doing so is properly set.
REQUEST: Start the chatroom in maximized mode by default when accessing it from the chat page.
REQUEST: Hide "Display Mode:" option if the ACP options for chat only permit it to be displayed on its own page.
REQUEST: Use Xenforo's default tagging method, provide a profile link when tagging users.
REQUEST: Allow moderation features via / commands. For example: /ban <user> <time> /unban <user> /prune
REQUEST: Notify staff members of chat reports if they have permission to view such reports.
REQUEST: Allow users moderation privileges over any rooms they create.
REQUEST: Optionally (option via ACP), display the chatroom list when accessing the chat page instead of the lobby. Show "has joined" and "has left" message for users entering the room, and left when they timeout and are no longer on the userlist. This allows for more functional multi-room.

this definitely goes out of chat plugin, i consider it to buy it but now i am out of that, no need for so much features in chat plugin, maybe you consider to release free simple version of chat, with simple function, chat, ban user, prune message, edit/delete message, for me no need more function for it.

Top Bottom