Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)

Siropu

Siropu submitted a new resource:

Chat by Siropu - Mobile friendly chat application with multiple display modes, archive, banning and user settings.

Admin Features
  1. Enable Chat
  2. Enable Chat Page
  3. Display Mode (All Pages, Forums List Above, Forums List Above, Chat Page Only)
  4. Chose which editor buttons are displayed (bold, italic, underline, strike-through, link, image, media, smilies)
  5. Enable Avatars
  6. Chose if banned users can view chat
  7. Set maximum messages displayed
  8. Delete messages older than x days
  9. Notices (You can use multiple in rotation)
  10. Ads (You can use multiple in rotation) / Support for...

Read more about this resource...

This is the part that concerns me:

DISCLAIMER: I don't know how it will perform with many concurrent chatters.

taigachat seems to be doing really well with some hundred odd people.

Arrowchat couldn't handle hundreds.

Can you add a feature to speak instantly with an user in the chat please? I really need this great feature and if it is added, I'll buy your chat.

Is this something you think you can add?

Also would it be possible to test your chat? I do have a large enough site for it to be stress tested.

Awesome add-on and replacement for TaigaChat, thank you!
Can you add a feature to speak instantly with an user in the chat please?
Agreed.

Also can you add some message notifications in tab/window title? And replace message edit icons to FontAwesome (or option to do this). And notifications from forum about new threads/posts. And what about ignore (standart XenForo option) support?

Last edited:
It looks very promising! A demo is what you should get up first, then second you should allow some users on here to stress test the product!

@Dylan V, I could add a "instant mode" option to refresh the chat every second when is opened and you post on it. Is that good enough?
@The Dark Wizard, hundred users posting on the chat?
@Betclever, not at this point.
@GliX, I will see what I can do about that.

Can you add a feature to speak instantly with an user in the chat please?
I could add a "instant mode" option to refresh the chat every second when is opened and you post on it. Is that good enough?
Are you talking about person-to-person (individual) chat or is it about the refresh mode? It'd be awesome if this has
  • Individual chat
  • Room Chat (i think room feature is available in Taigachat)
Does this addon save a copy of all the message posted in the chat room. or does it delete permanently when deleted?

Can we have a setting to be able to control ourselves how fast it will refresh, TaigaChat as the following:
Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 17.09.15.webp

@3rd AnGle, there is no private chatting. Initially, I wanted to make a massive chat Add-on with public rooms and private chatting but I gave up on the idea. Maybe I will make a private chat separately.

@Carla Birch,

The refresh rate is as follows:
5 seconds when the chat is opened and you are active on it.
15 seconds when you are active but the chat is closed.
30 seconds if you are not active on the chat.

With my approach if you have many users online that are not interested in chatting, there will be no unnecessary refreshes.

@3rd AnGle, there is no private chatting. Initially, I wanted to make a massive chat Add-on with public rooms and private chatting but I gave up on the idea. Maybe I will make a private chat separately.

@Carla Birch,

The refresh rate is as follows:
5 seconds when the chat is opened and you are active on it.
15 seconds when you are active but the chat is closed.
30 seconds if you are not active on the chat.

With my approach if you have many users online that are not interested in chatting, there will be no unnecessary refreshes.
That's why making it so its a admin setting would be better, in my case we have few users that chat lots so a faster refresh rate when its open would be better, 5 sec would be to slow for my case, each site will have their own needs and wants so giving that control is better :)

@Siropu on the mobile view could you edit it so it keeps the scrollbar for chat messages, so that chat remains the same height, without the scroll bar the chat becomes real long when using the above forums view what makes for a lot of scrolling to get to forum list :)

Some more ideas that im sure people will want from taigachat are:
  • Let users pick their own font chat color
  • Move text input to the top from the bottom in the user settings.
  • Forum activity display (This posts a message in chat when a new forum post/thread is made) with view permissions based on user x 's permissions.
Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 19.40.38.webp

If this chat was better than taiga chat. I would buy it, kinda hard to tell without a demo. If it had a private chat feature, Id def buy it! :D

Top Bottom