Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
@Siropu Just wonder does the "Keep session alive" setting take into account whether a user has the chat visible (tab/window open/in focus)? If it does that would be awesome! :)

I've also got a low-importance request: Would it be possible to switch around the "Display posts from selected forums only" setting with an admin toggle to hide/ignore posts from select forums? I'm just thinking ahead where having new thread/posts messages configured this way would simplify things when adding new forums. The current method works fine and isn't broken, just adds extra steps when adding new public forums.

PS: I've had a small group of users on my forum test drive the chat and they've commented that it is better than the system it will replace, so thanks ;).

"Keep session alive" works on the dedicated chat page only and it doesn't take into account that.
Regarding your request, it will complicate things too much.
I'm glad your users like the chat. :)

I am testing out the new RC on my big board. I am encountering some issues:
  1. If in private chat then the 'settings' drop down closes before you can change any settings.
  2. Once in the private chat mode, its really hard to get out of it. Clicking on rooms or on the breadcrumb does not work. If I click on the chat navigation tab then I quickly see the main chat room for a second and then the private chat is loaded.
  3. When I then leave the private chat and enter a message in the main chat room, I get an error 'no private conversation was started'

I am testing out the new RC on my big board. I am encountering some issues:
  1. If in private chat then the 'settings' drop down closes before you can change any settings.
  2. Once in the private chat mode, its really hard to get out of it. Clicking on rooms or on the breadcrumb does not work. If I click on the chat navigation tab then I quickly see the main chat room for a second and then the private chat is loaded.
  3. When I then leave the private chat and enter a message in the main chat room, I get an error 'no private conversation was started'

Pretty sure we covered those already having it running on TAZ, and I believe they are set to be fixed in the next bug fix.

"Keep session alive" works on the dedicated chat page only and it doesn't take into account that.

That's too bad. It would be super cool if it were possible in a future release for "Keep session alive" to only apply when the chat is visible (on the dedicated chat page), perhaps by using the same checks already built into the chat for the visible/hidden refresh rates? :)

Oh, one more thing, is it possible to just not show chat messages to guests, and instead they see the chat with a message saying "Please login or register to view the chatbox"?

If you give guests only view permissions and use the new chat admin option "Hide message content from selected groups", yes.

Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

• Hide message content in chat bar not working when using option "Hide message content from selected groups".
  • Problem switching to general chat when private conversations are enabled and rooms are not.
  • Missing like and unlike icons.
  • Style issue for private conversations when using chat in the sidebar.
  • Cliking on an enlarged image in all pages mode, closes the chat.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Updated tonight and the chat shot above your recent posts add on on forum home when both are using

Above Forums List

as location setting , i want the chat under the recent posts not above , not sure if this was something i did manually and the update over wrote it or what

I installed RC2 yesterday as it seemed stable, However it seems to be conflicting with the Alter Ego Checking mod. Our chat bot (Infobot) which has a real xenforo account keeps being flagged as multiple users since installing Rc2.

Not sure how or why this is happening but this is the only change on site I've made. Also from looking at the "infobot" account it's logging the users ip under it so seems theres an issue somewhere in one of these mods.

Though saying all this, a few users did change username while I was asleep so it might be related to that but seeing as the chatbox was the only changed mod I think it might be the chatbox.

@DieselMinded, You would have to change the callback execution order of template_hook code event listener for either chat or recent posts. For that you need to enable debug mode.
@W.D, Chat bot is not a real user and there's no connection between these add-ons to be in conflict.

Quick Quesiton.

Is there a EXTRA.css I can use that will add a space gap between the bottom of the chat box and the top of the forum headers? See below how there is no gap at all

wnaCAGy.png

Top Bottom