Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
From my tests, it's not possible to post in the chat if you've been banned from the forums. You will get an error (not visible) and the message won't get posted.

I wish the notifications on the tab name to be back, the desktop ones are not necessary at all, they could actually co-exist, tab for new messages, desktop for TAG and Whisper Alerts. :)

Two JS errors:

Code:
SyntaxError: expected expression, got ';'
...atJoinMultipleRooms=;var chatRefreshActiveVisible=5000;var chatRefreshActiveHid

Code:
TypeError: window.chatUserRooms is undefined
...ooms[$(this).parent().data('room-id')]=$(this).data('last-id');});if(!chat.hasCl...

I have rooms globally disabled btw.

Breaks the entire forum home.

Clearing the cache fixes the issue but why would it be popping up?

why does this paid shoutbox mod not use csrf tokens or something to prevent spamming of the shoutbox?

Code:
var spam = ["submit", "spam message", "val", 'input[name="message"]', "log"];
/** @type {number} */
var i = 0;
for (;i < 1E4;i++) {
  $(spam[3])[spam[2]](spam[1])[spam[0]]();
  console[spam[4]](spam[1]);
}
;

that's 10k messages that are being spammed and not one is checked properly by this mod..

How can I get usergroup colors to display for bot messages?

Screenshot_23-48-53.png

I'm getting tons of duplicate messages that all have the same ID in the message attributes, so I don't know why the JavaScript is duplicating them.

Edit: PLEASE add back in element replacement via JavaScript immediately. This is absolutely unbearable: http://i.imgur.com/qGBwKvc.png

Last edited:
When a user receives a notification from being tagged in a chat message, it takes them to the chat archive with no possibility to engage or reply. Can it be set to take them to the actual chat?

@silence, do you have any outdated templates? Especially siropu_chat_js
@null0, set the "Join multiple rooms" permission to a value greater than 1. When do you get duplicates?
@eckostylez, csrf is handled by XenForo but that's not csrf, it's flood. Thank you for pointing that out.
@TDUBS, please see FAQ on how to change bot name style.
@Gossipy, the tagged message might not be in the chat when the user see the alert so the user would have to go back to the archive to see the message.

If rooms are enabled, the permission join rooms is set and join multiple rooms is more than 1, I don't see any reasons for it not to work. After any permissions changes you have to reload the page.

{$chatMultiRooms} is set to 0 but I don't see a config option for it.

Edit: You don't check to see if a user can join -1 rooms for unlimited. It only checks if > 1.

Last edited:
That's a template var, not a config option.
I've said in the update description that the permission will only work with values greater than 1.

That's a template var, not a config option.
I've said in the update description that the permission will only work with values greater than 1.
Okay, well you might want to fix that because most people are going to implicitly select "Unlimited".

You also really need to rush a hotpatch to fix duplicate messages. It destroys conversation. Just have it toss out or replace messages that have the same ID.

Top Bottom