Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
So you have set your own chat status using the /status command or via the options menu "Update Status" and it doesn't show up under the username in the chatters list in rooms?

You are testing it with rooms or in private chatting? It doesn't show up in private chatting.
Make sure there are no outdated chat templates.
Also there is a user setting that hides statuses, see if it's checked in your user chat settings.
It doesn't show up if the user is ignored.

Then I don't see any reason why it wouldn't show up. You are the first person to report this and status feature has been implemented a while ago. Please provide a test account to take a look.

What resolution is that? Try clearing the browser cache and try again. I don't see this issue on Chrome or Firefox in mobile view.

Got these errors, seems like the upgrade didn't create some tables/columns?
Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'message_like_count' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'xf_siropu_chat_private_messages' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Edit: Reinstalled the add-on, and it looks like the update created those entities now.

Last edited:
@marquisite, if you know PHP. you can extend actionSubmit method in Siropu_Chat_ControllerPublic_Chat controller and add your own commands. If input matches the command, generate the message and insert. Else return parent method.

Cheers (y)... I now have a date countdown command working and this code lives in a separate file (so that it won't be overwritten during a chat update).

On a different topic, I've been testing the chat (1.24.5) for a few days and noticed that once I've been idle in the chat long enough, when I've been removed from a room's chatters list there does not seem to be a way to leave that room without submitting a new chat message ... is this right? If so have you thought about possibly adding a leave room button/link in the rooms menu? I've attached a screenshot of two possible implementations - one way might be to change the "Join Room" button to "Leave Room" if joined or another way might to change the "Joined ✓" text into a leave room link .

Attachments

• siropuchat-leaveroomedit.gif
    siropuchat-leaveroomedit.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 12
@marquisite, there are 3 ways to leave a room: 1. Type /leave or /quit 2. Use the "Leave Room" option in chatters list user options. 3. Double lick the room tab. If you don't want to display a message when quitting room, diable the bot notification for room leave.

That's not a problem since you still have 2 options left. :)
You can even use the shortcut command /q instead of /quit for faster input. :)

Once you are in a private conversation, how do you exit out of it and go back to the main chat page without leaving all the private convos?

Last edited:
not sure if bug, but when starting a private conversation via the GUI not command. the input text field keeps auto focusing to the main input field. as in if i am trying to start a new conversation with some 1 it wont let me fully type in that users name as it keeps auto focusing to the following input field:
00aacb9982044590a8deaced27160b80.jpg

also where is the Like button next to a message? because i don't see it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom