Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

Not deleting reactions when deleting messages.
Phrase issue with action logger and multiple languages.
Possible error in forum activity post notifications.
/prune forum command not deleting forum activity notifications.

P.S. I have added a templater function to display the number of unread private conversation messages: {{ siropu_chat_unread_conv_count() }} for those who want to use it in custom places.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have ran the upgrade on my demo site before releasing it and it worked fine but I think I know what the issue is. The job runs after the upgrade is complete so stop the process and re-download the latest version.

Is there a way to upload media directly into chat? If not could it considered as a suggestion please?
I know you can add media via URL but sometimes you just want to select a photo from your camera roll.
Thanks!

Is there a way to upload media directly into chat? If not could it considered as a suggestion please?
I know you can add media via URL but sometimes you just want to select a photo from your camera roll.
Thanks!
It used to be possible but I have noticed that with recent updates the button in the text editor has disappeared :(

Thanks for the count @Siropu we got that implemented. I did have a question, I'm doing a basic toggle function on an icon in the user navigation area to toggle the chat:

Code:
                                <a class="p-navgroup-link badgeContainer"
                                   data-xf-click="toggle"
                                   data-badge="{{ siropu_chat_unread_conv_count() }} "
                                   data-active-class="is-active"
                                   data-target="#siropuChat"><xf:fa icon="fa-comments" /></a>
Using CSS to show the chat, but I realized the chat is being loaded at the top using this method. When clicking the normal chat bar on the default style it'll load the newest messages (at the bottom). Anyway to get that same loading functionality by using a custom link?

Is there a way to upload media directly into chat?
In order to upload images, you have to add the Chat upload button to the editor from Admin Control Panel > Content > BB code button manager > Click to edit the toolbars

On the toolbar edit page, drag and drop the Chat upload icon from the top toolbar to the bottom one and save.

It used to be possible but I have noticed that with recent updates the button in the text editor has disappeared :(
Is the Chat upload icon added to the editor toolbar like I mentioned above?

Anyway to get that same loading functionality by using a custom link?
There are some JS events that get triggered when you click on the chat bar so you have to toggle the chat via the chat bar instead. So something like this is required:
JavaScript:
$('#siropuChatBar').trigger('click');

Thank you again for all of the hard work on Siropu Chat. It's incredibly impressive to date, and everyone loves it.

I have many users that are requesting privacy-related features though - Specifically, a button to toggle to allow their passworded (Or usergroup-barred) rooms to not show a description or the list of active users within it to anyone that's not in the room already. Is that a feasible thing to do?

Currently, for user group restricted rooms, only users who have the permission to join those rooms can view them in room list. I can add an option for password protected room. We'll see.
Thank you for the response. I've been testing that across several alternate accounts and all of them, even newly registered users, can view the room. The room isn't password-protected and the other accounts are barred from joining it, but the room still shows up for those accounts.

What are the conditions in which the room shouldn't show up, please?

Can't join, yes, though the goal here is for the room to not show up in the list of rooms at all if they don't have the permissions to join or view it. The goal is to hide the list of people in the channel to keep their privacy.

Basically, nobody should be able to say "I see you guys chatting in that room I can't join. How dare you go behind my back" or something like that.

Hey lovely Siropu, god of code!
Is it possible to put Chat Archive in to Google indexing? Because they are right now more chatting then posting in my Forum :P i don't want those many letters wasted, and use them for SEO, because they are doing serious discussions.

Best regards, and much love and best wishes!

Greetings Siropu! Do you know if there's a way to sort Top Chatter by total message count instead of the random order it is currently in?

Top Bottom