1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Change The Star For Watched Threads!

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by kkm323, Jun 8, 2013.

1. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

I like the new tweaks that are done in 1.2. One small comment, change the star to something else thats more related to watched threads (one/two eyes) instead of a star that could be interrupt as something else.

Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 1.16.09 AM.png

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
    PyroM, Rudy, faeronsayn and 12 others like this.
  2. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

3. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Totally agree, an eye would be wonderful.

Janmaat likes this.
  4. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Janmaat likes this.
  5. Janmaat

Janmaat Active Member

+1
    I like that idea (y)

6. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

Yeah, i just saw most of the new features today and didn't like the star at all. I think the dev in here are just testing something out. I am hoping they are planing to bring bookmarks or fav threads as options? who knows? but star to be label as watched is just out of place.

Morgain likes this.
  7. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

I was thinking the threads only received a one star rating

Mrs.T likes this.
  8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I thought it was a post that was liked a lot or something haha, definitely would change it, even a magnifying glass or something.

9. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I wouldn't care if it was changed to something simple like this eye2.png ...and I think there is room on the sprite sheet so whatever, if it happens cool.

10. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind something like this.[​IMG]

11. Digital Jedi

Digital Jedi Well-Known Member

Since XF doesn't have star ratings (that I can see), I interpreted the star as a Favorite.

12. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Generally anything that is relative to sight would suffice...if it is not getting changed to something along those lines...i don't really see the point in it being changed under the same basic idea of the snippet beneath...
    Either way now that I think of it...the resource manager has stars and that being the case with stars better used for rating things...I am starting to feel like some simple one color icon would be ideal ...

A magnifying glass to me says inspect more than anything...

When I think 'Binoculars' in general, it makes me think of sightseeing, birdwatching and Marty McFly's peeping tom adolescent father.

Actually now that I think about it...binoculars work great for this...(though I would want them to be one color really Search-2-icon_WhiteOut.png ) because when I see an eye I could think watching it but the first thing that might come to my mind is "oh I have seen that already and don't remember it...must not be important n/m".

With binoculars it gets more to the point of watching something (like a baseball game or nature) of specific content, and as I pointed out with an eyeball one could be interpreting 'see' instead of 'watch' very easily, especially someone new to the forum.

13. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Gold/yellow stars are synonymous with ratings.

Either a small eye icon or alternatively the mini avatar that indicates you've posted on a thread.

watched-icon.png

14. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is my suggestion courtesy of @Shelley which is used in my Thread Watchers add-on:

[​IMG]

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Please use Shelley's/Chris's thread watcher's icon cause that star looks like threads are getting rated one star by a hater.

Janmaat and Adam Howard like this.
  16. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think it's a better fit with the other icons:

upload_2013-6-8_10-53-51.png

giorgino, Veer, Janmaat and 9 others like this.
  17. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Yes, brilliant.

Adam Howard likes this.
  18. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Couldn't you or @Shelley release it in the resource manager since it's probably likely they won't even change it?

19. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

These watched star icons are so annoying to look at. I'm thinking about using this Stylish firefox extension to replace them with that glasses icon.

20. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

glasses.png - Absolutely!

Janmaat and Adam Howard like this.